Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fightstar Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Lol. Busted and his solo stuff is alright but not what I gravitate to. I'm more of an alt rock/post hardcore/emo/darker rock kind of person which, as you said, Fightstar lines up with quite well

SpyKi likes this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Hahaha I just popped in this thread because I saw Ken talking about Busted and what an awesome exchange lol

beachdude42, CoffeeEyes17 and SpyKi like this.
  3. CoffeeEyes17

lol.

For what its worth i do like Busted and Charlies solo stuff but it definitely isnt what i gravitate to and FS is hands down my favorite project of his

SpyKi likes this.
  4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Charlie's solo stuff is fine but I really never seek it out. I don't like Fightstar at all

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Grand unification and btdb have two of my favorite album covers ever. Goddamn beautiful

GEM37 and SpyKi like this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I have a signed canvas of the GU art on my wall. Love it.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Gonna dive back into Fightstar's albums today. I've always really admired Charlie for his stylistic diversity, but I haven't actually given all these albums serious listens in a while.

8. beachdude

Also, pretty nuts that Charlie is CURRENTLY only 32 years old, and has had the career he's had over so many years. Dude is talented as hell.

SpyKi likes this.
  9. CoffeeEyes17

its Fightstar season friends we are on a stupendous amount of Fightstar gang shit smash that like button

SpyKi, Nick and beachdude42 like this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah I've been listening p much non stop since blade runner. Hope they come back soon enough and give us a decent album.

beachdude42, SpyKi and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  11. CoffeeEyes17

its funny you mention Blade Runner because I decided to rewatch the original Robocop, which may well be my favorite movie of all time, and for some reason it made me want to listen to Fightstar. I'm not sure why lol.

SpyKi likes this.
  12. SpyKi

I finally got into Blade Runner last week so now I feel an even deeper connection with this band.

Also I'm pretty sure I saw Omar in an advert at the cinema before I saw 2049 which was a super weird coincidence.

beachdude likes this.
  13. JM95

Trusted

The PPI advert? Yep, that's him. I keep seeing him every time I'm flicking through channels late at night.

SpyKi likes this.
  14. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

I've listened BtDB today, and damn 'Sink With the Snakes' is so heavy and still also damn catchy. I hope they will release a new record sometime in the near future.

beachdude and SpyKi like this.
  15. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Anybody heard of these guys? Heard this song over the PA of a train station in Germany and based on the singer’s voice, I thought it was Charlie doing yet another project...

beachdude42 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  16. beachdude

I can definitely hear the resemblance haha. Song is just okay though, kind of gives me an Imagine Dragons vibe but that hook is really generic imo.

17. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Agreed. The other thing that threw me when I heard it was that it sounded a little bland for a Charlie song, lol!

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

That Walking On Cars album has some decent tracks. “Hand In Hand”, “Tick Tock” bring a couple of my favourites.

They don’t hold a candle to Charlie, though.

19. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I'm pretty sure Charlie said in an interview (which I cannot find) that a new Busted album would be next, but Fightstar definitely have an new album in the works. Alex writing a lot of the songs for it this time.

20. SpyKi

WhosBroden? likes this.
  21. JM95

Trusted

You And I

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

There is very little in the world that I hate more than Irish people singing like this. Fuck use your normal accent and stop trying to sound English or American

SpyKi likes this.
  23. SpyKi

24. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

preface: i'm a weird very recent fightstar fan; i think i checked them out based on the behind the devil's back thread three (????) years ago. my first and for some reason lingering impression was that grand unification was... fine, but that they really blossomed as songwriters on one day son. but i'm relistening to grand unification now and now every single part of it is clicking, this album is amazing, how did i not hear it before????

25. SpyKi

I'm glad you're finally hearing it! I love all of their stuff but Grand Unification is peak Fightstar for me. Love it so much.

unbornwhiskey likes this.