Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fightstar Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

How is "Cross Out the Stars" generic though? What else sounds like that? Or "Amethyst"?

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  2. George

Trusted Prestigious

Top 10 songs in no particular preference, other than Palahniuk's Laughter being number 1;

Palahniuk's Laughter
    Mono
    Paint Your Target
    Deathcar
    Damocles
    Tannhauser Gate
    Build an Army
    Tonight We Burn
    Floods
    Hazy Eyes

Nick and SpyKi like this.
  3. SpyKi

damn that's a nice top 10.

4. SpyKi

The ending of "Palahniuk's Laughter" is just the best.

5. JM95

Trusted

Palahniuk's Laughter
    Mono (EP version)
    Sleep Well Tonight
    Amethyst
    Deathcar
    Grand Unification Pt 1
    Until Then
    Tannhauser Gate
    Build An Army
    I Am The Message

6. SpyKi

That's pretty close to mine, ha.

7. JM95

Trusted

Ha, just seen yours.

Early Fightstar rules.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Still so so disappointed about BtDB. Listened to it again and it just boring. Everything they did on that album, they have already done 10 times better.

Al's voice is the worst culprit, what happened there?

9. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoy that album now but it's definitely their weakest. It's especially disappointing because we had to wait 6 years for it.

But yeah, Al's vocals are terrible on that album. "More Human Than Human" is painful to get through.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

dive would definitely be like top 15 fightstar songs but the little breakdown/heavy moment is so out of place and sounds shite.

11. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I've actually always loved "More Human Than Human". This record came out only a month or two after Gunship though, so maybe I was already used to the subtle changes and differences in Al's vocals.

"Overdrive" is still my favourite from that album, though. I love when they go for those soaring, hook-laden choruses.

12. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Schooner likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Been listening to a lot of MCR and Thursday which led me to then re-visit this band because Fightstar feels like the perfect mix of those two bands with some Deftones thrown in for good measure.

I might actually like Devil more than Be Human at this point, I think theyre both at the very least good but a couple tracks lose me here and there. One Day Son and GU are probably tied for favorite, they almost function as a double album to me and just work off each other so well. Tanhausser Gate remains the crown jewel of their catalog to me though, that song gets me so hyped up.

SpyKi likes this.
  14. SpyKi

My second favourite band with maybe my favourite bsides, ha.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  15. CoffeeEyes17

I just figured I'd bump your favorite bands today lol.

Oddly enough I'm also playing Bloodborne with MCR and Fightstar in a playlist for some background music to help pump me up while I try and kill the queen of mean Ebreitas

SpyKi likes this.
  16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

We need a new album. The latest Busted album hasn't really held up all that well for me, so I really want Charlie to make a new Fightstar and/or solo album. Not that excited at the prospect of more Busted tbh, although they've always been one of his lesser projects to me

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  17. SpyKi

You're just living the dream right now. Playing my favourite game listening to my favourite music, haha.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  18. SpyKi

They're working on Busted album four at the moment and Al and Dan are working on the second Gunship album too so I don't see anything new anytime soon unfortunately.

Luckily I'm very satisfied with Busted for now. I still jam Night Driver often, haha. Im expecting their next album to be even better as well. I'm just glad at least one of my favourite artists is still pretty prolific.

19. CoffeeEyes17

would love another Fightstar album. never been into Charlies other stuff but could always use more Fightstar. idk if the songwriting/lyrics are a collaborative effort in Fightstar or if Charlie hands that stuff but either way I'm starting to gain even more appreciation for the lyrics of this band.
    lol. im a little underleveled so i may be spending some time plugging away at Chalice dungeons but yeah otherwise this has been my favorite playthrough so far. Skill based high stamina :D

Letterbomb31 and SpyKi like this.
  20. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe I should give Night Driver another go. I don't think I've listened to it since December haha

21. SpyKi

I've really cooled off on listening to new music this year so I've stuck with that album a lot longer than I usually would and I just don't get bored of it. There's definitely a few songs on there I'm not as into but there's some stuff on there I just love so much. Seeing them live made me like it even more.

Very excited to see what they do next and hoping we may get something this year even. I do hate that to have Busted back we don't get solo Charlie or Fightstar for a while though. I just want all of the Charlie.

22. SpyKi

Thanks to this thread I'm not on a Charlie binge and I think I always forget just how much I love Young Pilgrim. Sundown is slaying me right now.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  23. SpyKi

Hold Out Your Arms is a 10/10 song if I've ever heard one.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  24. SpyKi

I remember when Be Human came out and people on the Fightstar forum were bashing "Give Me the Sky" and "Tonight We Burn", those people were bonkers.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  25. CoffeeEyes17

Be Humans a great journey into weird experimentation for them. Lots of great moments

Zac Djamoos and SpyKi like this.