Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fightstar Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. RyanNevill

Graphic Designer

Yeah, they got back together, threw the 10-12 ideas they had together and made an album.

2. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Hopefully we can create a Busted thread shortly once we get some information because I always feel guilty posting about them in a Fightstar thread. However, it seems we might be getting something on May 3rd. Personally I'm hoping it's a new track, album information, I'd be happy with anything at this point.

3. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

comeback single and album info pls

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Haha, I was just about to make a Busted thread for this! It has to be at least a song right? I'm so hyped. Guess we can wait until the song's out.

5. Hallowsandhoots

Can't wait to hear what Busted sound like i 2016. This is all very surreal.

6. SpyKi

Ikr. I haven't been this excited to hear a song since Fightstar's comeback single, haha.

7. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

It actually blows my mind that Fightstar had 6 years off and then they returned with an album like Behind the Devil's Back. So disappointing. I haven't listened to it in awhile so I'm gonna give it a listen now and see if it's grown on me at all.

8. Hallowsandhoots

I think Brand New, blink-182, and Busted are the only bands that can get me this level of hyped for a new song

9. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Haha, you should make it now!

Chances are this date is leading to new music, we can discuss things in more detail and hype ourselves up ridiculously, and I suppose it gives the band, tour and upcoming record some exposure on the website rather than having all of this litter the Fightstar thread. I don't know, I say it wouldn't hurt to make one!

10. SpyKi

11. Schooner

Trusted

The McBusted album was so bad I had it on iTunes with Busted and took it to its own category so it wouldn't pop up on shuffle with Busted

Excited for Busted after hearing that acoustic version of one of their songs they re did a month or so ago

12. Schooner

Trusted

Whoops. Just subbed to the Busted thread now I see that

Really liked the new Fightstar. Songs like Snake I loved. But agree that it's hard to place as feels a little short, samish and bit incohesive. But I def love playing it loud while driving

13. JM95

Trusted

Listening to Grand Uni today - literally opened Spotify to listen to the EP version of Mono instead of the album one, such is the difference between the two.

14. SpyKi

EP Mono is the GOAT.

JM95 likes this.
  15. JM95

Trusted

They almost murdered it on the album. Hundred times more raw and intense on the EP

16. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I would never go as far as to say they almost murdered the album version, but EP "Mono" is indeed superior in every individual way. That would still have to be my favourite Fightstar track they've written.

17. Me & My Arrow

John | Align in Time

There are some great moments and I've enjoyed having it in my car, but yeah, it's super repetitive and sounds like a bunch of song ideas that were never developed. The formula for each track is nearly identical, and the catchy-chorus-with-random-breakdown-at-the-midway-point thing gets really old really fast. They usually integrate and combine many different vibes, even within a single part of a song. These songs just seem to jump back and forth between super heavy, melancholic ambient, and catchy upbeat sections.

18. Schooner

Trusted

This is blasphemy. But I like Athea better than Mono is my epic slow song

19. SpyKi

Athea isn't quite Mono level for me but it's an incredible song so I'm ok with that opinion, haha.

Schooner likes this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

This band should be much bigger than they are. Or at least bigger here in the states. They do a lot of different sounds very well.

One Day Son is definitely my favorite but I find something to love in all 4 records plus the b-sides/one offs

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  21. SpyKi

yep.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

was awaiting your post haha. thanks again for introducing me to this band.

"Tannhauser Gate" might be my favorite Fightstar song.

SpyKi likes this.
  23. SpyKi

I'm just happy whenever anyone new listens to this band. I love them so much. Easily my favourite band now that MCR are done.

That's a very good choice, it's at least top 5 for me. "Palahniuk's Laughter"'s mine, the ending just destroys me every time.

24. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Also my favorite Fightstar song. That and Chemical Blood and War Machine

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  25. SpyKi

Chemical Blood and War Machine are two of my least favourites, haha. They're still really good songs but they'd both probably make my bottom 5, at least bottom 10.