Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fightstar Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah it's crazy to me that they're not more popular, they're the perfect post-hardcore band for me. I hope they come back soon.

Phantoms likes this.
  2. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Doing a discog run now. Palahniuk's Laughter is such a strong start.

Sending me back to 2005.

3. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Just listened to Grand Unification on a long train ride and it's still the absolute best time you can have.

I would kill for a small run of shows or something in the next couple of years

Tomozaurus, Phantoms and SpyKi like this.
  4. Nick Mar 27, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2023)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I've been listening to They Liked You Better a lot recently and I still can't get over this being a debut EP. It's such a mature EP (outside of maybe Speak Up) that doesn't sound anything like a debut. Good fuckin shit.

Been listening to Be Human a bunch too. A bit of tracklist surgery on the deluxe edition and that could be my favourite Fightstar album. The deluxe edition's cover always makes me laugh, it looks so fucking bad.

5. SpyKi

I love that cover! Haha.

But yeah that EP and first album are so special. I've yet to find anything else out there that really hits that sound for me.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I love the normal Be Human cover, and the single covers are so so good. but that deluxe cover looks so amateurish

7. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

I've just seen the Be Human deluxe cover and it's given me whiplash to the late noughties when every local scene band had a photo like that haha, incredible.

Phantoms and Nick like this.
  8. SpyKi

Yeah the original is better but I think it looks pretty good! Maybe knowing Al did it makes me like it more lol.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

he does all the gunship art right? I'll say he's gotten a lot better! it just stands out so much because all of their albums have great art, and then there's that one

10. SpyKi

There's some rumblings that maybe they're doing something. I'm hoping they put an an album out whenever they do get together and not just play a few shows. I really need new Fightstar music.

11. JamesMichael

Yeah, I get busted pays the bills but I would much prefer some new Fightstar.

Phantoms and T E A L like this.
  12. Have to say Behind The Devil's Back still holds up. Feels hard to believe it's from 2015

zsoty27, Micah511, Phantoms and 5 others like this.
  13. JM95

Trusted

6th November?

14. SpyKi

yeah it's crazy that it's almost been almost 10 years since the last time they got back together.

Phantoms, JamesMichael and Crisp X like this.
  15. JM95

Trusted

Nine years in December since the 'ReUnification' show at the Forum in Camden. That was a really fun gig.

SpyKi likes this.
  16. SpyKi

One of the best I've been to. I can't wait to see them again.

17. JM95

Trusted

There was a great atmosphere in the room. I remember there were people from all over the crowd boisterously and harmoniously singing the riffs. Definitely fueled by nostalgia and the catharsis of a long-awaited reunion but that was memorable. I barely remember the two shows I saw them play the next year at Brixton Academy and the Troxy.

SpyKi likes this.
  18. jackyjackyjack

Regular

They've updated their Facebook page profile picture - it's happening

Phantoms and Crisp X like this.
  19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I’m not getting excited. I refuse to.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

IM SO FUCKING EXCITED

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Same

SpyKi likes this.
  22. Phantoms

Regular

FINALLY

23. JamesMichael

About damn time.

24. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

What’s happening?

25. SpyKi

No one knows yet but it seems like some announcement will be on the 6th.

Crisp X, Phantoms and The Lucky Moose like this.