Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

FIFA World Cup: Russia 2018 [Archived] Soccer • Page 47

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Berg made the most of it. Boateng is an utter idiot though.

2. orangehorizon

Trusted

Posting a still frame does not prove anything. But thats what I have been saying...people voicing their opinion who rarely ever watched a football game.

3. orangehorizon

Trusted

A world class idiot that is.

4. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I don't think it's fair to say that thinking that is a foul means you've never watched a game of football. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. To most people that's stone cold all day long. Obviously you disagree and that's fair enough, but doesn't mean someone rarely watches footy.

clucky, Sheaver10 and Platy like this.
  5. Sheaver10

And what a way you won me over

I suppose not, and it seems VAR agreed with you.

For what it’s worth, I have watched almost all of the games at this World Cup, and i also watched some of them at the last World Cup, I’ll have you know!

this is actually true, but I have also watched football every week for the last 20 years, so idk?

orangehorizon likes this.
  6. The Chapecoeste documentary that came on here after the games was devastating

7. orangehorizon

Trusted

It wasn't meant explicitly to that poster. But posting such a still frame is still completely useless. And my comment about never watching a game was more to the fact that people who never watched games before usually rely on such useless proves like still frames or generally thinking that every contact in the box should be a penalty. I obviously don't know anything about the poster themselves so they could be a new fan or a veteran.

But everyone who has watched football for more than some years would agree that this situation is never a penalty. At least thats my opinion.

8. orangehorizon

Trusted

Just as I have said before it wasn't meant to be a dig against you personally. Just a random rant. I obviously don't know you and don't know how long you have been watching football. But unfortunately especially during big tournaments people show up with no clue about the game (again, not saying that you belong in that group).

And you seem to have a great musical taste so theres that.

9. Sheaver10

Yeah I know what you mean. I agree any number of different angles could have shown a different outcome to “prove” my point.

Considering the angles We have seen though, I would have expected a penalty, but you know, agree to disagree.

At least we can agree on my musical taste ;-)

orangehorizon and AFoolsGlory like this.
  10. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

What a bizarre statement. You've got pundits discussing it, people discussing it all over the internet, but you're convinced that anyone who watches football regularly would think that's never a penalty? Absolute nonsense.

Defender hits the player with both a kick and a push. My immediate thought on it was best of luck to the VAR guys, because that's a tough one to call. He doesn't play the ball, so you're left with deciding whether the challenge was forceful enough to be past the point of one player just being stronger than another. I don't think there could have been many complaints were it given, but equally, I can also kind of see why they decided not to call it using VAR.

clucky likes this.
  11. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I love how the announcers seemed to think it should've been a penalty, most of reddit seems to think it should've been a penalty. But apparently "everyone who has watched football for more than some years would agree that this situation is never a penalty." :crylaugh:

MrCon likes this.
  12. RLC in for injured Dele is the only change. Sterling starting again. I like that. I think it’d kill his confidence if they benched him after one game. He should be able to have a nice game against Panama.

13. Sheaver10

I think that’s the right call. Give him a game against Panama to try and rediscover his City form. If he does he will be unplayable.

RLC was excellent for the 10 mins he came on on Monday - interesting to see if he can do it from the start.

14. Panama had 5 yellows against Belgium? Geez haha

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I believe a defender elbowing an attacker then going down like it's a clash of heads is what you guys call CONCACAFing?

16. That was nice

17. I already hate this Panama team

18. Trippier's crosses are elite level, not sure why he hasn't been taking corner for Spurs

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

10 minutes in Panama are the dirtiest side I have ever seen play football.

20. Sheaver10

I fear for us against a good team. So sloppy at the back.

21. Sheaver10

It’s certainly an improvement on Harry Kane taking corners...

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I genuinely don't think any of England's centre backs are good at passing the ball.

23. tomtom94

Trusted

At this rate Belgium-England is going to have at least 8 goals in it going off the state of both teams' defending.

MrCon likes this.
  24. Sheaver10

What’s worrying is that we keep on being told they are in there for their ability on the ball...

25. They're just a mess with the 3 CB formation. And not starting Rose over Young is dumb.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.