Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

FIFA World Cup: Russia 2018 [Archived] Soccer • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm so in for this @Garrett L. !

Go Colombia and Germany!

Garrett L. likes this.
  2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The betting pool or World Cup in general? :crylaugh:

Also welcome Adam I didn’t know you watched footy where ya been?!

Larry David likes this.
  3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm in for the betting pool!

I have to admit I'm guilty of only watching soccer during the world cups, at which time I watch religiously.

Garrett L. likes this.
  4. Garrett

Time to change that and fall in love with club season!

Larry David likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Welp, you're stuck here forever. Better learn the joys and despair of club football.

Garrett L. and Larry David like this.
  6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It's all happening boys

7. Everyone except Spurs doing business

8. Garrett

Barca locked down Umtiti yesterday and I’m so stoked. Holding on to him was huge.

9. I don’t know why but it’s weird to me that he is wearing the arsenal shirt and also holding up the arsenal shirt to announce his signing with the team. It seems redundant.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I can't get over how bizarre that Karius thing is. Like the hospital isn't even 100% sure he had a concussion. Why was it even released? To exonerate Karius of blame? Why did he stay on if he was seeing double? It's just so so bizarre. The only real feeling I have towards it are Karius and the Liverpool medical team really fucked up and if he did have a concussion he shouldn't have been on the pitch. Still doesn't explain the first goal.

that not even going into the fact John Henry is a benefactor of the hospital

11. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

England to get Poland in the Last 16 and Poland beat them. Heard it here first ppl.

orangehorizon likes this.
  12. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

I can't get over how bizarre this post is. What's the point? That by acknowledging head trauma you might have to reevaluate something shitty you said? That you're mad you can't use it for banter in the future without guilt? Why was it released? Maybe to shed light on an issue that isn't taken seriously enough and that people still don't understand the full effects of, both evidenced by your inclination towards dumbass conspiracy theories and not knowing how a concussion can affect spatial awareness.

It's almost as though FSG is based in Boston and MGH is one of the best hospitals on the planet, a place we frequently send our players for rehab and to be evaluated. But no, continue feeding a conspiracy theory that suggests some of the most renowned doctors in the world have compromised a lifetime of credibility for a PR stunt.

13. OdranWaldo

Brendan Rodgers Young Team Prestigious

Nick likes this.
  14. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

It kind of does explain the first goal. If his depth perception is all fucked up, he's not going to realise he's putting the ball right on Benzema's foot. When I watched that one back, I couldn't understand how he'd managed that one at all.

It's less clear to me that no one seems to have done anything about the fact he must have taken a pretty solid blow to the head at some point in the game. How was that just passed by?

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah, I guess. But I was going on the talk that him clashing with Ramos was what caused it. That happened when they were 2-1 down.

There was seemingly no other clash in the game that could have caused it.

If he did have a concussion and somehow no one noticed, that's a horrible thought. Surely as a goalkeeper if you're seeing double, you know your main attribute is compromised.

16. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Reports I'm reading suggest that the clash with Ramos was shortly before the first mistake.

Also, they're not suggesting it was double vision, they're saying it would be a visual impairment which causes difficulties tracking objects in space. Unless you happen to know that's a sign of a concussion, you probably aren't going to immediately think you're too broken to keep playing, you'll just assume you're having a howler.

Have a looksie: Loris Karius: How did Liverpool goalkeeper play on with concussion?

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I find this the most disappointing thing. Egypt are the only one I see doing something, maybe Nigeria could get out of the groups too but I'm not convinced.

I god, this is going to happen isn't it...

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, I'm disappointed too. I've loved cheering on the African teams in previous World Cups. Ghana losing to Uruguay in 2010 broke my heart - damn Suarez!

I hope Salah is fit and I hope Egypt do something - they should get out of their group at least. Nigeria are in such a hard group that it will take a bit of luck for them to progress. I'm obviously bias but hoping Tunisia don't do well against England! And to be honest, I don't know much about the Senegal team but outside Poland who you would think will progress, their group seems relatively even.

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Maybe I'm misremembering the times of the match. I'll have a read of that later.

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly really wanted Ghana to win, but that is inside my top 5 world cup moments. Absolutely brutal and hilarious. Plus, let's be honest, it's amazing if it works out for your team. If Jamie Vardy did that I would personally comission a statue of him in Trafalgar Square.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

My 10,000th post was talking about Loris fucking Karius

PandaBear! and awakeohsleeper like this.
  22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Most painful sporting moment I've ever witnessed, Asamoah Gyan missing that penalty hurt more than anything that's happened to England or Chelsea or any other club I follow.

awakeohsleeper and anajames like this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

It was well funny though.

Garrett L. and PandaBear! like this.
  24. anajames

Couldn't agree more with you.
    Just btw got this amazing source on How to watch FIFA World Cup 2018 Online. I never knew about the channels they have listed and that too without a subscription.

I am going to have a very good time I know that.

PandaBear! likes this.
  25. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

:anguish::humpf::verysad:

John Terry slipping for his penalty in CL final was admittedly well funny after I'd calmed down, but I will never let that Ghana moment go; they deserved last 4 over Uruguay even before Suarez' handball never mind after!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.