Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fever Dolls (Official Thread) Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Just discovered this band and I am very into their sound. Indie folk rock with a very summer-y feel.

So far, they've only got nine tracks in 3 years, but every one of them is a jam and they switch up their style on basically every song. I think a lot of people on Chorus would like them too!

Band Bio:
    Fever Dolls were formed in Burlington, Vermont in 2018 by songwriter Evan Allis and singer Renn Mulloy. After a few years of playing in the local scene, the pair started envisioning a new project that would forgo the self-seriousness and musical purity of indie rock in favor of big hooks, clever lyrics, and broad musical range.

Citing the soundtrack to the film Saturday Night Fever and the glam rock band the New York Dolls as stylistic north stars in that first conversation, they decided to call the band Fever Dolls. In time, the group developed a sound defined by their co-lead vocals, injecting their songs with a trademark call-and-response quality, and leaning into the differences in Mulloy’s soulful range and Allis’ nasal rasp.

After solidifying their lineup with guitarist Erik Benepe, bassist Mitchell Parrish, and drummer Willis Mathewson, Fever Dolls released four singles over the next year—“Gennifer Flowers”, “Adeline”, “Mrs. Carver”, and “The Distance”, showcasing the range of the band’s sound and quickly earning it a reputation as one of the most compelling up and coming acts. Additionally, the music videos for those singles proved the band’s talent in working across mediums with other artists to expand the Fever Dolls universe beyond the music.