Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

FEVER 333 Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Aug 14, 2017.

1. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I actually don't hate this when I expected to loathe it surprisingly, especially after seeing some of the reactions in here hah

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

soul'd me out is the clear highlight but that loses its way very, very quickly. Parts of it sound like TBB b-side or something.

red8ge likes this.
  3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I don't hate it as much as most of you after my first listen. I'll have to give it a few more spins to decide how I really feel about it. Overall, I'm just happy Jason is making music again.

4. JM95

Trusted

Two completely 'meh' JAB records in a row.

Larry David likes this.
  5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

*three

6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

*two

Larry David likes this.
  7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Also, I don't hate this. Some of it is real bad, We're Coming In still being one of the worst songs I've heard in recent memories. But I dig the overall vibe of what they're going for

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

This reminds me of a poor man's version of that song Zack de la Rocha did with El-P. This isn't for me personally, but good on anyone that enjoys it.

Travis really likes Yelawolf.

9. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Someone has to

irthesteve and Steve_JustAGuy like this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like this would be fun to see live but I have very little interest of listening again

kyle likes this.
  11. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

Yeah, boy was I disappointed with this. The only songs I even remotely liked were Made An America and Soul'd Me Out. The track with Yelawolf was cringeworthy, and the rest were supremely underwhelming. This has gotta be the most disappointing release for me in a while. So much potential. I expected a lot more. I think the "vibe" of what they're going for is good, but the songwriting just isn't there. Here's to hoping the next release irons out all of these flaws.

JM95 likes this.
  12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

what the fuck are you doing jason

MFA likes this.
  13. atlas

Trusted

pro tip: if you wanted more Fake History type stuff and are sad bc of this go listen to the new Greyhaven album right goddamn now

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Fucking backed

15. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Agreed. It's good - very good.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. red8ge

Regular

whole ep should sound like soul'd out

17. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I went youtubing and I had no clue they had this much hype already.

Very happy for Jason and Stevis. Maybe I'll get into it more eventually but they both deserve good things.

18. Bane

The spiciest meme

I kind of knew going in what to expect for it so that worked out for me. I'd say like, roughly half of it is fine. Made An America is decent, We're Coming In accomplished the basic thing it wants to, the Yelawolf song is not great....Soul'd Me Out I'd agree is PROBABLY the best on here? The others are kind of whatever. Again, I didn't really have expectations and had a basic idea of what it would sound like, so I'm not upset. Now that OTHER mysterious band Jason is part of.....that one I'm a bit more intrigued for.

KidLightning likes this.
  19. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

the yelawolf song is so bad. the chorus is so awkward. these guitars are so..neutered.

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This is so fucking bad. RIP Jason making good music.

The comparisons I've seen to RATM are so disrespectful to RATM.

This sounds like a Kid Rock record, if anything

beachdude42 and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  21. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

I hope this doesn't catch on because I was planning on getting an AM! 333 tattoo.

22. beachdude

Yeah this bugs me too. I actually remember comparing “Banshee” by Letlive to RATM the first time I heard it, which was also the first time I heard Letlive. The Fever 333 is like RATM, minus everything, lyrically and compositionally, that actually made RATM stand out and have a unique identity. In other words, extremely generic rap rock. Kid Rock is a PERFECT comparison lol, and it pains me to say that.

Larry David likes this.
  23. beachdude

I remember when We’re Coming In first came out, my friends and I talked about it and one of them nailed it on the head... for all this band’s supposed political posturing, that song could literally be about anything... or nothing at all.

I remember at the time I responded “The song is obviously about ‘Where all my people from?’, duh.”

LightWithoutHeat and Bryan Diem like this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Overall.... gotta say I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I might. That being said, there are tons of MOMENTS of great stuff in here, but there's plenty of other moments too haha. Honestly if they could hoen in on the good parts of this and leave out the bad parts, there's a cool band in here. Made and Soul'd are probably the best for sure.

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Oh, and their live shows are probably really fucking fun