Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

FEVER 333 Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Aug 14, 2017.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

oh, i just bumped the letlive thread, didn't see this one yet, hi!

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The awkward moment when this isn't the worst new song I've heard today because I also heard that 30stm one.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. atlas

Trusted

Looking back through the Letlive thread, I do find it pretty funny how the some of the same people shitting on these songs in this thread were so excited by the videos of them playing at the donut shop. Like, did you have the sound down and something else on in the background? These are the same songs

KidLightning likes this.
  4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I dig both of these songs. Lyrically a little repetitive, for sure, but the songs are so short that doesn’t matter much.

I do wish they let loose a little more instrumentally, more ETID and less numetal, and it sounds like Jason has been listening to a lot of Killer Mike/RTJ.

5. irthesteve

Or RATM

coleslawed likes this.
  6. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Don't insult Rage and say this is comparable. Nothing even remotely on the same level or holds a flame. This music is genuinely annoying.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Minus the godawful production

8. I was one of them. Their energy at the donut shop had me excited, but these songs feel empty and they're boring.

Bryan Diem and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

In a live environment this type of song is fine in part due to their stage presence, but it just doesn't translate well to a recording due to how repetitive the songwriting is alongside how lifeless the guitars and drums have been made via poor production choices.

kyle and Bryan Diem like this.
  10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Neither of these songs sound anything like RATM.

11. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i agree with the production assessment. first song was atrocious. dont think the songwriting was as bad in the newer one.

still, production makes both songs feel super toothless.

12. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Well that was quite disappointing.

13. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I liked it a little more than the first one after one listen but still not too into this. Really bummer.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I still think this would be fun to see, but I definitely don't want to listen to it. I think that's why the videos were appealing

15. Lifeless is a great way to describe the guitar and drums. I was hoping for something chaotic a la The Chariot.

16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I wouldn't be surprised if they released some more expansive, wellrounded songs in the future. These might just be test runs or short ideas.

But then again, maybe I'm just telling myself that because I hate these, haha

17. irthesteve

Travis Barker's Instagram story had a lot of videos from tonight's show, looks pretty crazy

18. Syre Dream

Regular

Travis Barker performed with them, that's awesome.

kyle likes this.
  19. irthesteve

Gotta love it, he's been posting about the band since day 1 so that's great to see

Boys Do Like Girls? likes this.
  20. I just listened to both of the new songs for the first time. I'm into it!

21. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Feldmann is producing, which is why Barker is involved.

22. I can't stop listening to these songs

KidLightning likes this.
  23. irthesteve

now that surprises me. No way he produced the two songs already out... right?

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure he did