Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fest 20 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Apr 13, 2022.

1. HalfHearted May 18, 2022
    (Last edited: May 18, 2022)
    HalfHearted

Regular

Looks like The Menzingers will be playing On the Impossible Past at Fest this year, very excited for that. 2 sets confirmed.

alkalinexandy and AWasteOfATime like this.
  2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

So Hyatt is opening a new hotel right in the middle of downtown.

They tried to be smart with their bookings, and were charging ~$350 a night for Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday

But then someone noticed rather if you book starting Wednesday.... price drops down to like $140 a night. So now I got a room for five nights right at the heart of the action for like $375 total for five nights after splitting it with a friend.

Still expect the room to get canceled on me but fingers crossed...

Danny likes this.
  3. Rye

HA...I did the same thing. I think I was originally looking at $1,500+ to book Thursday-Sunday until I saw probably the same message you saw and was able to book Wed-Sun for $834. I even ponied up the extra $$ to book the standard rate so it can be cancelled within 48hrs without additional charge. The discounted rates required pre-pay, and had no cancel/no changes. I booked my flights last night based on this reservation so I'm also crossing my fingers that they don't cancel the reservation after they realize what happened...I think the whole hotel got booked last night Weds-Sun

4. HalfHearted

Regular

Algernon Cadwallader has the 30th open on their tour announcement, that would be a solid Fest get. They are playing Georgia the night before.

anotherpancake likes this.
  5. m32137

Regular

Full lineup is now out.

6. tonyvalentine

Regular

I went from strongly disliking this lineup to thinking it’s one of the best they had in years. Really debating it now.

7. Folks....this is gonna be fun!

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

LFG

9. whatisthat

F yeah

10. HalfHearted

Regular

Schedule is live. I haven't really dug into anything yet, I just know my Friday and Saturday nights are going to be late.

11. Rye

I’ve lightly perused the schedule, I’m going to have conflicts. I’ll wait for the app to see how bad it will actually be, I’m not ambitious enough to start trying to figure out all my clashes. I do know this, going to prioritize seeing any bands playing fest at other shows locally. Will be able to see No Trigger and Folly before Fest, just in case they clash with other bands. Starting to get stoked though

12. drowningmatt

13. Rye

Thanks! looks like Folly is going right up against the Kill Lincoln 10 year anniversary set, bummer. Now I'm 100% getting tickets to see Folly the week before Fest

14. HalfHearted

Regular

My Saturday night is a toss up. Kill Lincoln/The Flatliners, Folly/Mystery Band or A Vulture Wake.

15. Rye

Mystery Band to break the tie! I might be reading too much into this or maybe getting my hopes up but The Flats headlining a primarily ska stage has me thinking there is a chance for some Destroy to Create deep cut potential for the setlist. Although, I now enjoy the albums post DtC way more, DtC was my introduction to them so I have a soft spot for that album.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  16. HalfHearted

Regular

Definitely agreed with The Flatliners, I was thinking possibly an album play, or like you said, a lot of older material, which either way would be fantastic.

17. Rye

FYI, the Fest 20 App is now available...finally can make that schedule

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  18. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

such gold added in a conflict free closing night spot is a gift to me personally

19. Rye

All those Mystery Bands Saturday night are giving me anxiety that there will something competing with my Flatliners affections. One of the worst clashes for me is Scowl vs Signals Midwest, I want to see Scowl so bad but the new Signals Midwest album is an absolute favorite this year and I want to see the new tunes live.

20. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

camp trash added on saturday night

21. Man, flights from MN are just too much now, think I'm going to have to bail this year. V bummed but hoping to make it next year. My partner loves Against Me (I mean, me too lol) and has never seen them so hopefully they'll be active next year and play, would be a great place for her to see them for the first time!

That said, I'm gonna keep an eye on flight prices but for now if someone wants a couple passes I'll sell em for like $170 each.

Everyone please drink one thousand beers at PKEWx3 for me!

alkalinexandy and JaytotheGee like this.
  22. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Everyone excited for this weekend?

23. Have a great time y’all!

24. Rmourz

Trusted

Looks like NOFX’s final show will be in LA in October 2024 . Do y’all think there’s ANY CHANCE they make their first (and last) Fest appearance in 2023?

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I was thinking about that today as well, but feels like it'd be a little big for Fest