Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fest 19 Festival • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Another rookie question for you vets: What's your preferred method of getting to/from Gainesville if you have to fly? Looks like there's a few different options for airports. I'm assuming the easiest way is to fly into whichever is cheapest and rent a car? I see the shuttle, but that only gets you back to the Orlando airport.

2. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Depending on where you're flying from, Jacksonville is sometimes a cheaper option, and it's a bit closer. And most of the drive is on a rural highway, I've always liked that drive from Jax to Gainesville.

Danny likes this.
  3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I fly into Orlando and then rent a car. Parking the car downtown Gainesville for the weekend is a really nice situation if you are going to buy stuff and don't want to carry it around. Basically becomes a locker

Danny likes this.
  4. Oh damn that's a good tip - could even keep some beers/booze in there too I'd imagine which would save lots of money lol

JaytotheGee likes this.
  5. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

PBR sponsors Fest and they're $2 at every venue. Florida on Halloween weekend could very well be 90+ degrees

6. You had me at $2 PBRs

theasteriskera likes this.
  7. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

It really is a beautiful thing :heart:

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah drinking at Fest is the best because of the $3 PBR at every venue, but you could also pull that scheme lol

The $2 big pizza slices are life saving as well

Danny likes this.
  9. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I personally fly into Gainesville directly. It’s a small airport so availability is tricky, but it’s pretty easy if you fly out of a big airport like O’Hare. I love the car as a locker option and use @JaytotheGee car for all of my merch needs haha

JaytotheGee and Danny like this.
  10. m32137

Regular

11. Cool to see HWM back, and would be fun to catch Gethard!

Do ya'll think this is it for the adds? I just wanna keep holding out hope for the Menzingers to get added back, they're the band I've missed seeing the most this past year and half.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hoping them and Flats get added back. Now that HWM is back, doesn't really make sense that the Flats wouldn't be

13. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Flats might have a border issue potentially due to Covid. George mentioned it on the souls Patreon regarding Chris. I think it will depend on what their work visa statuses are like and how Canada handles their border since they have been pretty strict. It would potentially impact some other bands too.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Good point, maybe Wollard would play with them then which would also be cool

15. Cgarnsay

Trusted

This just looks sooooo good.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

On one of the Fest at Home performances from last year, Chris mentioned that the Flats wouldn't be on the bill in 2021 because they had a standing commitment for that particular weekend. So I think the Flats are pretty unlikely given that, but who knows... Things change. And George did make a comment about it on the podcast.

I also think there's a strong shot that Wollard would be involved if Chris isn't... Doing one show versus doing a run of tour dates has a different kinda toll, y'know? Worth noting too that on an IG story post a few weeks back, I'm pretty sure there was something about a "band meeting" and Chris was on it if I'm remembering correctly.

So, I guess we'll see! Either way, I'm really really hoping the Flats get added back on for that album play! That was one of my "must-sees" on the original line-up.

Michael Schmidt and Cgarnsay like this.
  17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think that commitment was for HWM which is why they also dropped but who knows! HWM has also stated that Wollard is still in the band just not playing shows, so when they record their next album him and Cresswell will be involved which is exciting

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Ah, that would make sense, then! I knew Wollard was going to be involved in songwriting, but it's really cool that both him and Cresswell are in the fold as far as songwriting goes. Wonder if they'll both be singing...

JaytotheGee likes this.
  19. Rmourz

Trusted

What do y’all think the chances are that we get Hospital Bracelet, Direct Hit!, or Driveways added?

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Can't speak to the other two, but Direct Hit! were on the original line-up. To me, the fact that they aren't there anymore makes them seem fairly unlikely. But who knows.

Gonna have to check out those other two bands now...

Rmourz likes this.
  21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think Direct Hit could get added again since Devon Kay is still playing but who knows

Driveways doesn't really fit in but also TWY are playing so maybe. Hospital Bracelet seems like they could play I guess

22. m32137

Regular

Fest 19 is officially sold out.

JaytotheGee, Rmourz and alkalinexandy like this.
  23. Rmourz

Trusted

Question from a first timer- how early do you need to arrive at the venues for some of the more well-known bands to ensure you’ll get in? (Eg The Wonder Years, Comeback Kid, Origami Angel)

also are there any parties or secret shows that go on during fest or before it?

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

TWY will definitely be outside so no worries there. It depends who is playing beforehand for the indoor bigger bands but some people will just watch the whole lineup. It’s honestly a toss up but if you get there like 2 sets before you’re better off and will have a better idea of how long it’ll be.

Mystery sets happen but they’re bands playing the fest in smaller rooms and announced the day before

25. tonyvalentine

Regular

I know this year they’re doing a lot more outdoor stages for obvious reasons but if it’s something you really want to see I’d say get there one set early. I’ve never really had issues but it’s better to be safe than sorry.