Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fest 19 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Apr 2, 2020.

1. HalfHearted

Regular

This is exactly what I did. My Airbnb is full refund until October 1 and I believe we booked our flight through American or Delta into Gainesville and there is a one time credit or flight change that can be done, so we said screw it and booked everything.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  2. abear182

Regular

Just a small heads just in case anyone still needs tickets at a slightly cheaper rate!

3. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Honestly with Fest being in Florida, it’ll probably happen lmao.

theasteriskera and Tifoil like this.
  4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I’ll voluntarily go in quarantine for two weeks if it means I get to go to Fest with this lineup.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. m32137

Regular

theasteriskera likes this.
  6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The web site is being a bit wonky right now, but... Gorilla Biscuits, the Menzingers, Beach Slang, and Murder By Death are all really perfect (presumably outdoor stage) adds!

Lots of great stuff on the undercard too!

7. emojedi

Trusted

really shocked they are still going forward with this fest. i can't see it happening.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This is going to be the best way to celebrate a lack of shows this year if it happens

Plus I assume this means a secret Menzingers Chamberlain set which is the best thing ever

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

You have to think this is way smaller than most fests with most of the capacities of the clubs being 500 or less. The outdoor stage might be kind of iffy. I think by November we should hopefully be back to the small club stuff

But who knows! Just trying to be optimistic haha

theasteriskera and alkalinexandy like this.
  10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Same! I really hope it winds up happening... I haven't been in a decade, and this line-up is shaping up to be perfect for 36 year-old me!

It has just enough "holy shit" with "yeah, I'm stoked on it!" with "eh, I'd watch that" to feel like I won't be too stressed.

I'm just hoping for Direct Hit!, Telethon, and Rational Anthem all being on the same bill.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This is exactly how I'm feeling. If it gets cancelled, I get my money back. In the meantime? I'm gonna try to stay stoked and hopeful.

12. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Damn

13. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I have no clue why but I completely forgot about the outdoor stages!!

14. clucky

Trusted Supporter

original lineup I was like "this looks alright def still gonna go but prepared for this not to happen and that'll be okay"

new lineup wow I'm gonna be a lot more disappointed when this thing inevitably gets canceled. Banquets reunion? Menzingers? Broadway calls, Blacklist royals... gonna be great if it actually happens

15. Michael Schmidt

Assuming this can happen, the Gorilla Biscuits set at Bo has the potential to be some top tier stuff. There is a good amount of core on this lineup, so fingers crossed.

16. order of the bhills

I fully endorse FEST getting heavy again. I'd like to see some good current skramz/powerviolence/grind banda join the lineup. Stoked on ASSHOLEPARADE, Gouge Away, Gillian Carter, and Amygdala though

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  17. Michael Schmidt

School Drugs, Modern Life Is War, State Faults, and Comeback Kid also bringing the core as well. And to an extended extent, Strike Anywhere, Good Riddance, and The Callous Daoboys. Last year, Wounded Touch played, which was def a heavier band than what normally plays.

18. abear182

Regular

With Furnace Fest rescheduled....This must be one of the last ones still planned for this year.

19. HalfHearted

Regular

Fingers crossed.

20. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Such a bummer. But... It's definitely for the best.

And it's rad that the Lawrence Arms and Teenage Bottlerocket are on the bill now!

22. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Looks like no hot water music now?

23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Hah, and no Flatliners either. That's a bummer...

I'm sure for some of the bands, though, it's a matter of re-organizing their schedule to see if they can still play in 2021 with other plans they may/may not have. So I wouldn't necessarily rule them out. Not yet, anyway.

clucky likes this.
  24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Huge bummer losing Flats, HWM, Sincere Engineer and Samiam

But very stoked on Larry and always a good time seeing TBR. I think it's time for me to give Cobra Skulls another chance as well

25. Michael Schmidt

The people demand a Slapstick set too! Dan and Brendan said they were down on the Patreon podcast. Rob seems like he would be down. Slapstick and Gorilla Biscuits back to back with no barriers at Bo, please.

alkalinexandy and JaytotheGee like this.