Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fest 19 Festival • Page 14

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Apr 2, 2020.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They probably would have played Cayoneer for it's 15th too at least it seemed like it was leaning that way. Huge bummer for sure

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Gotta get those copies out there on eBay for $5k each, after all!

AWasteOfATime and JaytotheGee like this.
  3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Another pretty drastic schedule change today

Bigwig dropped, 8 Seconds looks to be ending at 8:30 on Sunday so all of those sets got pushed up a few hours. Now Crime In Stereo and Such Gold play at the same time as Strike Anywhere :(

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  4. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

IATA and Crime In Stereo at the same time kill me (im banking on one or both of them doing mystery band sets though, I think every main stage band is potential for a mystery set)

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

CIS actually starts right after IATA so you could bust it over there quickly, that's what I plan on doing lol I was gonna run over to Militarie Gun but I'm seeing them here next week so not too bad I guess

6. tonyvalentine

Regular

The last time CIS played fest they shared the same drummer as the movielife which happens to be the same drummer for IATA.

7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

oh yeah the rat

tonyvalentine likes this.
  8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Well, that fucks up my entire Sunday plan. Haha. But like most of the shifts so far, there's a positive for me.

Gonna watch most of IATA, book it over to 8 Seconds for Crime in Stereo. And will probably hang out there for all the bands after them too! I'm stoked to be able to see Such Gold, Pears, and the Copyrights! After that, we'll jump over to Downtown Fats for Bad Operation, Catbite, and the WATU/ASOB cover set.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Most likely my plan as well except throwing Strike Anywhere in the middle of that and also going to watch Signals Midwest in between Bad Op and Catbite.

Mystery sets can still fuck everything up though lol

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm pretty sure this is still the case so I'm assuming one of their sets will shift again

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Curious to see if Strike Anywhere drops. Looks like A Wilhelm Scream is replacing them on that run they were doing post-Fest with Comeback Kid and One Step Closer.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh my god I will be so mad

13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

they just posted that theyre only playing fest date

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

15. Rye

Looks like Fest just can't catch a break, the organizers have been forced to move the registration to The Depot Sation/Boxcar https://www.thedepotstation.com/box...ka2dOrUbc8QjUFV9Ag6VIuysrKl-dnFsbvqzeXi0qm9QQ I guess there a few issues with Stayable Select (fka Wyndham Garden), and they will no longer allow Fest to use the ballroom for registration and flea market. This change is probably better and more convenient for most, unless you are staying at Stayable Select. I guess Stayable Select's bar and restaurant are closed, the pool is closed, and they are not offering shuttle rides to downtown, which is a killer.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah huge fucking bummer.... not having the shuttle is a massive blow. I was also really excited to have registration be in the hotel.

And not having the pool also sucks major ass damn

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Well, that works out better for me... But fuck, does it suck for folks staying in that hotel! Selfishly feeling better about my Holiday Inn decision back in 2020.

Considering the bullshit they've been dealt, I am super impressed with the transparency and frequency with which Fest has been communicating all of this news.

18. Rye

They haven't sent out the formal email to passholders yet, but I read on the Fest Friends FB page that they will offer refunds/cancellation to anyone that booked Stayable Select through Fest if you notify them before 10/24. Not sure what other lodging options are available, but having to Uber to and from that hotel everyday is not convenient and expensive. The one time I stayed there...I actually tried walking to downtown one time. My friend I go with has some pretty extreme social anxiety and he refused to take the shuttle. Let's just say after that one time walking in...he got over the shuttle anxiety

JaytotheGee likes this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It looks like the hotel across the street offers a shuttle until 6PM so that at least takes care of getting there each day but getting back is definitely going to be a pain in the ass

I would try to switch to holiday inn but we booked directly through styable selects for only $289 (compared to $510 on Fest site) for the whole weekend so jumping $289 to $720 is a massive swing I'm not trying to take lol

20. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Yeah they are being good about refunds which is nice. And you can definitely find rooms for more than the $510 they were charging. But if you got rates outside of the fest site, might as well keep them taxi home will still be cheaper.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Just put together my re-worked schedule. Despite a few annoyances, I'm still feeling pretty good about it. Just enough to keep me busy all day but only 2-3 painful conflicts.

Like, I'd love to see Jail Socks and Origami Angel but I'm sure I'll have a chance to see them both at some point as they're young, just getting hype, etc... Versus seeing Eve 6 who don't tour very often and will probably never play in a setting like this again. Haha. So it's a pretty easy decision.

The Strike Anywhere/Crime in Stereo clash and the Broadway Calls/Sonder Bombs overlap is beyond frustrating, though. Hah.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My big conflicts:

Makewar+Broadway Calls vs. WATU+Skatune (also during Frank, but seeing him this weekend anyway). Going with the first pair but might try to make the trek and see a little of watu and skatune

And then the shitshow on Sunday of IATA + Militarie Gun + Crime + Strike + Such Gold all overlapping. I think I'll do IATA, Crime, leave early for Strike and then miss the first little bit of Such Gold. Also just saw MG the other day.

Also weird they would put Signals Midwest and Heart & Lung at the same time being the 2 cleveland punk bands that I would like to support haha

23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I always weigh it out based on who I'm most likely to see in the near (or even distant) future. Broadway Calls is a pretty rare get. They're not a very active band... And I'm skipping the Boston date on the current tour because I don't want to support the headliners.

WATU and Skatune will likely tour at some point next year. We're going to finish up at the WATU set and head over to Knockin' Boots right after.

The Sunday conflict is pretty annoying, but I just kinda figure it's Crime in Stereo doing an album play which will probably never happen again versus watching Strike Anywhere play the same set they've done the last few tours. No shade on them, I'm bummed to miss it but... Makes the decision a bit easier for me.

I totally forgot Heart & Lung were playing! Sadly, I don't think I can convince anybody I'm there with to risk missing that Catbite cover set for them. Haha. One of the reasons we're heading to Downtown Fats right after the Copyrights is because I want to be sure we get in (and I think that set will have a pretty big draw, TBH).

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah BC is a no brainer for sure, I just haven't seen Strike in 10 years and am itching lol

Yeah that's a good point about Fats, I was planning on being there in time for Catbite and then staying for WATU so I hope I can get in!!

25. clucky

Trusted Supporter

when do you get in? I think I saw Broadway Calls is playing the prefest show at looseys. So you might be able to go to that and then not worry as much about missing them during fest.