Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fest 19 Festival • Page 13

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Apr 2, 2020.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

No Trigger did drop, fuck it all

JaytotheGee likes this.
  2. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Florida is a shit show overall but Alachua County (where Gainesville is located) has like 200 new COVID cases a day. At least that's what I'm telling my friends and family who keep saying oMg uR gOinG tO FlOrIdA?!?

3. m32137

Regular

Some other new additions to the party: The Bollweevils, Intervention, Wet Nurse, Almost People, Rough Dreams, American Thrills, The Give & Take, AC DEATHSTRIKE, Brian Wahlstrom, Zach Quinn, and Danny Hughes

4. abear182

Regular

Not gonna lie I have never even heard of Bully :crylaugh:

5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Man, all of these schedule changes... It's a lot to process without that Clashfinder being updated constantly. Haha. I kinda wish the Fest would offer something like that and just present the schedule that way.

My partner is stoked about Bully being added. I'm doubtful that I'll be able to catch American Thrills or Almost people given the current schedule but it makes me happy that they'll be there and would encourage everybody to check them out if you're into melodic punk rock.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Bully is definitely a cool add but this year is just missing a lot of Fest bands if that makes sense

HalfHearted likes this.
  7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I have a feeling we will see a lot of the calvary type bands get called in, ones that are classic fest bands or ones already in florida. the next month will have a lot of changes. they should have waited to announce the shcedule a lot more than they did, Riot Fest has way fewer bands and was making changing the week of.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Bully is amazing, their album Sugaregg from last year is really great

9. m32137

Regular

Banquets have dropped

10. emojedi

Trusted

It’s easily Rockstars most underrated game.

11. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Any idea if they're still planning on offering molecular COVID tests on site? They made some polls on IG a couple weeks ago and the reception seems pretty positive. I'll need one before I fly back to Canada.

12. clucky

Trusted Supporter

this was one of the shows I was most looking forward to :tear:

Get that bands have to look out for their own health and don't blame any of them for it but this lineup keeps getting weaker and weaker with each passing day :tear:

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Every day I open the app and the schedule changes haha

I'm just going to assume that nothing is concrete until it actually happens

alkalinexandy likes this.
  14. Rye

I stopped opening the app LOL...just going to wait and see what things look like the week of to make a schedule. I don't really have much faith that they will be able to replace all the bands that have dropped with bands considered equivalent. Thinking this year will be a nice "chill" year...check out more unknowns, no rushing from venue to venue to catch everything, maybe just hang at venues longer to see what's up. Might be nice change of pace compared to past years where I always run my ass ragged

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

They've given up on replacing certain bands and just extending set times, starting things late, etc.

Definitely a bummer and it really does feel like most of the bands are just kinda like "Eh, this feels weird. Is it really worth the trip down to Florida for a single show that's probably gonna feel a little off, anyway?"

So far, the schedule changes have theoretically helped my days. Obviously, I'm bummed (really bummed) to be missing bands but... I'll take what I can!

Still a few bummer conflicts for me, but it's definitely made things a bit more relaxed.

16. clucky

Trusted Supporter

The Eve 6 / Riot Fest / Fest twitter "beef" has been great but this was definitely the kill shot

JaytotheGee and alkalinexandy like this.
  17. clucky

Trusted Supporter

ugh I missed that cold wrecks dropped I was really looking forward to that gaslight set :tear:

also were Skatune and Broadway calls always at the same time? I feel like that changed :concerned:

also also for some reason they pushed Eve 6's start time back so it overlaps with wrestling :teethsmile:

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Broadway got pushed back definitely annoying. Hopefully Skatune does a mystery set again

Was also stoked for the Gaslight set

19. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I really hope I'm just able to get to fest and have a good time and not worry about shit but the lack of bands I really want to see coupled with the the overall covid anxiety.... I'd definitely feel worse not going but at the same time kinda wishing I wasn't going

JaytotheGee likes this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I hear ya, I would definitely have gotten a refund and not gone if I could go next year :(

21. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I'm hoping it'll still be a good time. there are still some good bands I wanna see each day. And I'm sure I'll discover some new stuff too. It's just gonna be a very different year.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Well this will be a highlight of the weekend

23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Beat me to it! This is a really fun cover and will undeniably be part of their set! So. Fucking. Stoked.

Part of me is now probably way too hopeful that the Bo Diddley "mystery band" on Sunday is going to be an Eve 6/WATU OpIvy cover set.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh man that would be awesome / potentially the Laura Jane Grace + Catbite Op Ivy cover set???

25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think the biggest bummer of a cancellation for me thus far is No Trigger. The last time I saw them was opening for the Swellers' last Boston show and fuck was I looking forward to that catharsis...