Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fest 18 Festival • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Mar 6, 2019.

1. HalfHearted

Regular

Seen that this morning, so bummed. They were literally one of the main bands I wanted to see.

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Definitely would have liked to seen them as well. The only positive is that it’s one less conflict now.

3. Rye

I literally created an account to commiserate with you all about Heartsounds dropping out of FEST. So bummed, they were my highest priority band. Just to double down on my disappointment, we lose Light This City too since they share members. Anybody hear a reason for them not making it?

4. HalfHearted

Regular

The last thing I seen on their Facebook was a little teasing for a 10 year anniversary tour for Until We Surrender, but I figured Fest would be a perfect place to do that, so who knows. They were definitely on the top of my list for bands to see as well.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

6. HalfHearted

Regular

From some of the speculation that I have seen, this is not a good look for the band.

7. Rye

Yeah, the OWTH situation is pretty ugly. I don't want to speculate either, but this is such a tragedy for that young woman and we all can only hope that she makes the fullest recovery possible.

HalfHearted likes this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The Chris Demakes solo set is gone now too which is a bummer

9. Rye

I'm afraid to update the schedule on the app, every time I hit the update button I hold my breath :teethsmile:

10. HalfHearted

Regular

Haha, it's the worst feeling. Heartsounds is the only one that got me thus far. They were # 1 or 2 on my list to see this year.

11. Rye

We are one week out! I'm starting to get super stoked. I was going to share my schedule, but I'm a bit embarrassed by it because I have 4 options for just about every hour of FEST. My plan is that when the time comes for a decision, my true intentions will come forth.

HalfHearted and JaytotheGee like this.
  12. HalfHearted

Regular

This time next week I will be shoveling Reggae Shack into my gullet. Can't wait. And aside from Friday, I have a fairly light schedule, so like you said, I am just going to randomly hop in and out of some venues and see what's going on. That's really the best way to go, I think.

13. Rye

I’m going to have to try the Reggae Shack! Is there anything going on late Thursday day night? I probably won’t be getting in to town until almost 11pm, too late for the Bo Diddley Halloween show but maybe not too late for something else perhaps.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I can't believe how close we are!! Can't wait

HalfHearted likes this.
  15. HalfHearted

Regular

Loosey's and Durty Nelly's always has a show of bands playing Fest and High Dive is doing something as well with a costume party type thing, I believe I seen.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

alkalinexandy likes this.
  17. HalfHearted

Regular

alkalinexandy likes this.
  18. Rye

The Copyrights are playing all of Make Sound during their Sunday 2:20pm set at the High Dive, if that is your thing

19. whatisthat

I believe this is a yearly joke.

Stoked ! Arriving Thursday

Looking forward to: Makewar, Good Friend, Huntingtons, Lillingtons, Postage

20. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Very excited for makewar, no trigger, career suicide, billy liar, ltj, against me, and the copyrights.

Rye likes this.
  21. Rye

I pretty much want to see every band on offer, which is nice because you can’t go wrong! Right now these look like my most likely’s, but always subject to change A Wilhelm Scream (I’ll see them 7 days a week and twice on Sunday), Lillingtons, Skatune Network, The Butts, Iron Reagan, Spanish Love Songs, Dopamines, Expert Timing, War on Women, Airstream Futures, Bullets to Broadway, Vacancy, S.M.N., Tightwire, Against Me, and Tsunami Bomb. If possible I want to check out The Bronx and American Steel

HalfHearted and JaytotheGee like this.
  22. HalfHearted

Regular

A Wilhelm Scream is always the main reason I go, #1 for sure, hoping for another mystery set from them. A Vulture Wake, Kill Lincoln, No Trigger, Spanish Love Songs, Seagulls, Astpai, Makewar, Rehasher, New Junk City, Perspective, A Lovely Hand To Hold, and hopefully a plethora of mystery sets are on my list.

alkalinexandy and Rye like this.
  23. Rye

I'm counting on a AWS mystery set, and hopefully it is announced for Friday because I prefer to avoid Bo Diddley Plaza as much as possible.

clucky, HalfHearted and alkalinexandy like this.
  24. HalfHearted

Regular

Exactly what I am hoping for. Heartsounds cancelled their set on Friday night at Boca as the last band to play, so that is what I am hoping for or after Astpai at High Dive.

25. HalfHearted

Regular

There are 3 mystery sets that are longer than 30 minutes that I could tell:
    High Dive - Friday night - 12:50 - 1:30
    Boca - Saturday night - 12:30 - 1:20
    Boca - Sunday night - 10:50 - 11:30

That has to mean something, just not sure what, ha. Most likely a higher tiered band playing those slots I would assume.