Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fest 18 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Mar 6, 2019.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I wish I could afford to do Hampton that would be so nice to be right there the whole weekend

2. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

3. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Of course they change the ticket pricing strategy the year I go "You know I don't actually have to wake up at 6 to buy these..."

lineup looks, alright? still plenty of good bands on there. but idk if its just me not being as in to punk rock stuff or lineup types changing, but linesup just haven't felt as incredible the past few years as they did in the fest 10-14 range.

Mason and Morgan like this.
  4. HalfHearted

Regular

I feel like I am the only one that is not a fan of Jawbreaker, they are definitely not a draw for me. Very underwhelmed with the first announcement. Definitely don't like the increased prices and tiering that they did this year, but what are you going to do. One of my favorite weekends of the year and I will not be missing it.

Emokid79 and br10pb like this.
  5. abear182

Regular

I am not a fan of any of the headliners to be honest. It's all about the under card for me!

HalfHearted likes this.
  6. HalfHearted

Regular

Agree with this - And tier 2 is now sold out...

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Dammit I should have just got them earlier but I really don't have the money right now

I hate this new system lol

8. HalfHearted

Regular

Yep - I don't paid until Friday, so hopefully tier 3 doesn't sell out. Going from 120.00 last year to 170.00 this year is pretty shitty.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Jawbreaker is definitely super expensive so I get it but yeah the $120 and having until May was so nice

bkaeser93 likes this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Red City Radio is out :(

Opening for Taking Back Sunday this fall during Fest

11. HalfHearted

Regular

And they are playing Buffalo (my hometown) the weekend I'll be at Fest, terrible.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  12. abear182

Regular

I would say on track to be a sell out this year!

[​IMG]

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Pup conveniently has a gap that fits Fest pretty well...

10/26 in Canada and then nothing until 11/6 in the UK

14. m32137

Regular

They're already playing a bunch of Florida dates in September. Not saying it's totally unlikely but I'm thinking they'll use that week or so to relax before heading to Europe.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah definitely wishful thinking haha

16. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Just read that 4th tier tickets are sold out so they're down to the final 1,000 tickets in the 5th tier now.

Next band announcement is May 11th.

17. whatisthat

This will def sell out before the end of may, crazy.

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I should most definitely get my tickets next paycheck

Excited to see what else they have in store! Announce is very soon

19. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

I have no idea how I'm gonna survive that many Against Me! sets but I look forward to the challenge. They're down to the last 800 tickets so definitely grab one ASAP if you're even thinking about going.

20. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Unreal. I'm really considering flying down this year for it.

21. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

SPRAYNARD ugh

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Man, I just do not have the extra funds to buy this now. I hope someone will have a pass closer down the road.

23. clucky

Trusted Supporter

SPRAYNARD REUNION AAAAAAAAAH

24. whatisthat

Stoked ! for the additions Stiff Little Fingers, Lillingtons, Huntingtons, Makewar, Spraynard. Crazy that AM! are playing 4 albums.

25. Tom Lee

Regular

So stoked about the second announcement! Against Me! again, doing 4 killer records is wild. TWIABP, Spraynard, Skatune Network, s'gonna be hella fun. :blush:

If anyone in this community is interested, I'm flying over solo from the UK to do an acoustic set, FFO: Elliott Smith, Kevin Devine, Phoebe Bridgers, etc. This is me, I've been over twice before with my band Hora Douse, first time alone though!
    https://thefestfl.com/bands/tea-leaf

I recommend Fresh & Nervus, both also coming from the UK. Gutless are amazing and I missed them last year, so can't wait to finally catch them. Gilt are great. Slingshot Dakota of course. So many good bands. :embarrassed:

bree1981 and JaytotheGee like this.