Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fest 18 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Mar 6, 2019.

1. abear182

Regular

First announcement April 3rd!

2. whatisthat

Stoked ! No pre fest this year tho :(

Some bands I'd love to see off the top of my head: Youth Brigade, Paint it Black, Modern Life is War, The Adicts, Dark Thoughts, Postage, Cobra Skulls

Headliners? Bouncing Souls are ruled out since they'll be in Europe, maybe PUP.

3. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I find it so obnoxious and confusing that this fest is always 1 year behind the calendar year “2019”. They should really call it Fest 2019.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  4. Morgan

Morgan

Planning on doing this and then hitting Halloween Horror nights at Universal.
    Can’t wait !

5. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Thanks to a friend of a friend I know some of the bands who've been booked and can't wait to see everyone's reactions when they're announced. As someone who lives in Tampa I'm definitely bummed to lose pre Fest, especially the ability to pick the wristband so quickly.

prtyscenes likes this.
  6. abear182

Regular

With money saved from Pre-Fest hopefully means they can book some big names.

Jawbreaker wouldn't suprises me now since they seem to be playing a lot more frequently now. Shame I ain't a Jawbreaker fan

Hoping FEST get a few exclusive/reunions on the line up to set them apart from other festivals.

7. HalfHearted

Regular

A Wilhelm Scream playing Mute Print for its 15th Anniversary would be incredibly awesome and everything I want for this weekend.

8. prtyscenes

welcome to hell boys

oh damn, i have family in gainesville that i haven't seen for awhile. might make a trip up from tampa for this.

9. Mason

Regular

Still have yet to make it to the Fest but if the line up is as good as it has been in the past, I'm doing it this year.

10. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

wouldn't be surprised if Avail turns up this year now.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

One week until the announce!

SkyGrowsBigger and Mason like this.
  12. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

How fast do the hotels typically book up? Never been so I may make the trek down from Toronto this year but I may wait to see the full lineup.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Last year they didn't go fast but they used to sell out in the first day or so. I think a lot of people are switching to airbnb now

SkyGrowsBigger likes this.
  14. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Yeah, last year I rented some college kids room in his apartment for like 45/night.

15. HalfHearted

Regular

Started doing Airbnb last year as well, definitely a big time money saver.

16. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I went in 2015 and didn't get an Airbnb until like the week before & was fine. Literally everyone leaves Gainesville this weekend to go to the Florida-Georgia football game in Jacksonville, so there's no competition from a home Gators game for hotel/Airbnb.

17. m32137

Regular

First wave of bands is out and tickets/hotels are on sale now. Thefestfl.com

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh god I need to make my triumphant return. Jawbreaker at Fest is THE dream.

19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Never been but I want to so bad and the hotel price is usually the biggest barrier for me. But looking at airbnb and this seems extremely reasonable...

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Be careful because I’ve heard tons of Airbnbs will cancel bookings so they can up the price. It’s against the TOS but I’ve heard of it happening to a lot of people I know.

The hotel was definitely the biggest factor in my trip before. I had to share with a large group. If I do it again I’m not sure how I will attempt it.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  21. Mason

Regular

Line up so far looks good, but only a handful that Id really want to see. On fence if I want to spend that kind of money. Might wait to see the next round of bands that are announced. Do the tickets for the Fest usually sell out quickly? Next band announcement isn't until May.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Solid start for sure!

23. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Fest ticket purchased! I've had my hotel booked since last year because once you go Hampton Inn then it's impossible to stay anywhere else

It doesnt normally sell out quickly but every time they sell out a block of 500 tickets the price will go up, that's new for this year.

Mason likes this.
  24. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

What's the draw of the Hampton?

25. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Location and comfort. It's directly across the street from Bo Diddley Plaza and within short walking distance to all the venues. The rooms are pretty big and everyone is very chill there but it's also crazy expensive in comparison to all the other hotels so you gotta share with people to help cut down on cost.