Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fest 17 Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Mar 16, 2018.

1. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Menzos club shows will be better than their fest shows anyways. Longer set, indoors...

2. whatisthat

Are these confirmed ? Only interested in RCR, was hoping for Dead To Me, Banner Pilot, Lagwagon, TLA
    Also, read somewhere that PEARS is playing a secret show on Sat. (probably Atlantic)

3. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

not confirmed just that a friend of a friend said she saw on the schedule

4. HalfHearted

Regular

Definitely would be hitting up the Red City Radio one if that is a thing. But yea, nothing else really pops out to me. Was hoping for The Get Up Kids to do one, Four Minute Mile set would make me cry.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My mystery set hopes:

The Lawrence Arms
    The Flatliners
    Dead To Me
    PKEW PKEW PKEW
    Direct Hit
    Red City Radio
    The Menzingers

6. HalfHearted

Regular

I think these are possible. I missed last year, unfortunately, but a lot of bigger bands did them 2 years ago. The Flatliners and A Wilhelm Scream played back to back at 1:00 am, was incredible. Less Than Jake was the first show at High Dive and Propaghandi played The Wooly. Captain, We're Sinking was one as well, I think, and I am upset I missed it now.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Flatliners and Wilhelm Scream did them last year, those ruled. I coulnd't get into the against me one but I heard it also ruled.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The Flatliners secret set last year was top notch. So happy I got to see them play Great Awake in full

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  9. HalfHearted

Regular

Now knowing that this happened and I couldn't go is extremely disappointing.

AWasteOfATime and JaytotheGee like this.
  10. abear182

Regular

Just shows you the appeal of FEST to some bands! I am sure the numbers at each set they play will increase because of this announcement

JaytotheGee likes this.
  11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Nope

12. abear182

Regular

While it might not be their last tour it seems like it will be there last shows for awhile...

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely seems like it.. Going to be a must see set then. Hopefully they do a secret set too

Damn maybe I missed that then

14. HalfHearted

Regular

This is about the time that I get really excited about the upcoming weekend. I don't have a lot of bands on the schedule for Friday, so I am hoping we get a couple really solid mystery sets.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I can't believe this is this week! Also hitting The Orpheum pre Fest show now. Booking it from the Orlando airport and hopefully catching Red City Radio. Such a crazy good lineup that night

16. HalfHearted

Regular

Really hoping Red City is one of the mystery bands. Lagwagon playing Hoss would also be incredible. I know they played that at Rock Fest this year, or possibly last year, so there is a possibility, maybe?

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

ughhhhhh watch such gold/menz/free throw on friday hello

18. HalfHearted

Regular

I have Such Gold, Audio Karate (overlaps with Free Throw, unfortunately) and Broadway Calls lined up. Outside of that the mystery sets is all I got going for me.

19. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I'm probably going to hit Direct Hit, Bad Cop/Bad Cop, Kali Masi and Pears before those on friday. Give them a shot! Kali Masi's record is so good.

20. HalfHearted

Regular

Pears is possible, I just hate 8 Seconds, assuming you can still smoke in there.

21. HalfHearted

Regular

Do you remember if the mystery sets get announced the day before or earlier the same day? I can't remember.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Day before! I want to say they came around like 3-4pm

23. HalfHearted

Regular

Perfect. Thank you. Can't wait.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

What a fucking weekend

25. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter