Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fenix TX Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Fox83, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Fox83

Trusted

The new EP dropped today, so now is as good a time as any to discuss this band (and Denver Harbor!).

2. oh nice! the clips of the EP sounded promising so i'll definitely check it out today! this band is great.

Fox83 likes this.
  3. Fox83

Trusted

God, I love Will's voice. As much as Skiba satisfies me in blink, he would have been the perfect fill-in for Tom:

Raku, Nick Jagger and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. Will definitely would have been a good fill-in for Blink

Raku and Fox83 like this.
  5. Fox83

Trusted

I'll leave with this today. Denver Harbor is essentially where I saw Fenix TX headed further into the 2000's. I love this album, and it kills me that Will's career sort of stalled during what was arguably his peak of songwriting:

6. delvec19

Trusted

I loved this band as well throughout the years and was pretty bummed when they stopped. Denver Harbor was amazing too and they've all managed to remain on my iPod since then.

Fox83 likes this.
  7. Meltingplastic

Heard some of the songs on tour a few months ago. Wasn't impressed with them live but maybe a studio version will change my mind

8. TheJMan

Trusted

I do like the EP although am a little disappointed that 2 out of the 5 songs were songs they had already released. But either way it's good to have them making new albums and music. Hopefully we get a full length album in the next few years.

Fox83 and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. Caught their set at warped yesterday... some other guy was singing. Was heavily disappointed and walked away about halfway through because he was terrible and it was incredibly cringey

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. Maverick

Trusted

WTH no Will Salazar? That sounds absurd.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  11. yeah it was super strange, and he was a standalone singer too so there were two separate guitar players and neither of them were original either. the bass player was the only person i recognized tbh.

the singer kept jumping off the stage into the security area to put the mic into the crowd but like.... nobody was singing. and then he kept not being able to get back onto the stage lol. he seemed to not know a lot of the lyrics himself, as he audibly got many of them wrong. whole thing was super weird, a little nostalgia trip wasn't worth the time for me.

12. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Nothing would surprise me with them because there’s always some kind of drama, but looks like this isn’t drama.

Attached Files:

BornToRun likes this.
  13. darnellquiggley

I'm trying like hell to find the actual 1999 release of Fenix, TX. My cd broke and EVERY copy I find on Ebay, Amazon, or other sites claims its the 1999 one but Rooster Song is gone. It's the reissue. I want the CD or the audio files (I've already checked iTunes and the other digital sites) if anyone can point me in the right direction. THANKS!

Collins likes this.
  14. I think I still have it laying around somewhere. I’ll rip it for you.

15. darnellquiggley

SWEET THANKS! How you want to send the files?

16. Heron182

Regular

Saw this thread get bumped any updates on the band etc ? Will still in or no

17. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

It was on iTunes when I looked for it, but on the version of the album that says it’s from 1951 (ha).

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

19. Man… sucks to hear that…

21. Note: I have it on good authority that Will is not playing with FenixTX at WWWY. Which, seems a little weird the band is leaving out.

22. trevorshmevor Feb 22, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2023)
    They left it out when they played the final warped tour in 2018 as well. It was… not good

23. They deleted Will's daughter's post on the Instagram and blocked her too. WTF.

24. TheJMan

Trusted

Was Will the member that’s been sick? I think it was maybe a stroke. If so hope he’s doing ok.

25. He did, he's doing much better now.

Zilla, mattylikesfilms and TheJMan like this.