Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 7

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Added to my list.

2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Lifetime membership option? Not sure what you'd price it at though . . .

3. I was thinking about this as well and that's where I got hung up. It's something I wanna think about for sure though. I know I've subscribed to "life passes" before because I like upfront payments vs subscriptions (Plex Pass being the latest I did this with). So It's something I'm gonna be thinking a lot about.

4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Cool, I'll look out for that. I've done it for a few communities because I like upfront payments too.

I'm also really bad at canceling subscriptions for things I'be stopped using and end up paying for way longer than I need to, haha

5. This be me with PS Plus for the 6 months after I stopped playing Destiny and before I realized there was a cheaper yearly plan. :-/

6. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Yeah he asked it about 2.5 hours ago haha.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've been having this weird thing where my posts weren't showing up on mobile. It was probably just my phone. The dialog would stay in the box at the bottom, but not show as posted. I didn't go back any pages, I just assumed it didn't post and did when I got home.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

MY BAD GUYS.

9. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Another person I think had the same issue and it caused them to post the same thing 3 times. Might wanna bring it up with Jason and see if it's a bug.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I deleted my old post, so I'll maintain that one instead.

11. Yeah after all the times I wanted to share stuff on mobile it drove me nuts on the old site just posting links everywhere. Now it gives more context, plus with the auto-embed of a lot of media, it makes the experience better for the poster + the readers.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I like on AP mobile, how when you open a thread from your Followed Threads that there is an indicator for which posts you haven't seen yet, in this case it's a blue dot on the top right of the post. Something similar would be cool for these mobile forums too

13. [​IMG]

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

wooooooooooow, well shit yeah I do see that. No idea how I missed it. thanks and sorry!

Dirty Sanchez and Jason Tate like this.
  15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

it seems weird to me that there is a spot for favorite albums in profiles, but not favorite bands. was there some thought behind that?

Jacob Tender likes this.
  16. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

could we have "favorite games" (board, card, video) added to profile options? :D

17. Oh that's a good idea. Adding to my list.

lightning13 likes this.
  18. Yep, you can just link it via the URL insert.

[URL='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHBAdShgYI']URL insert[/URL]

19. Let me double check but I think [ plain ] works too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHBAdShgYI

Edit: It works but doesn't link it.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Creepy

21. I'd be really into that.

22. Added.

23. By far the most requested feature ...

So, here you go. On the preferences screen you can now select posts per page (in a thread), threads per page (on the forum home), and conversations per page (in private messages). This way you can select your own tolerance and threshold for how much information you see at once, or, for example, if you're on mobile and don't want to have that many threads or conversations seen you can customize to your liking. The options are currently 25, 35, and 45.

24. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

YUGE

25. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

What informed the decision for multiples of 5 instead of 10?