Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 6

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Excellent, thanks. It didn't do it this morning on mobile when I opened the Gen Chat. Don't know that any of the other threads have been long enough for me to notice yet.

2. My guess is that maybe you hadn't refreshed the page since the night before, so it didn't know there were new posts?

On mobile the thread title will be bold if there are new posts, on desktop there's a blue dot next to the thread title.

3. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Any possibility of a "followed threads with unread posts" page? Not too different but will become useful when the place gets packed I think

4. Wharf Rat likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Don't know if it's been thrown out there, but is there a way to tag users with notes only you can see? Like "don't talk to this guy, he's an idiot" or "this person is formerly known as this username" etc

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

No, I mean something like tags in reddit. Little notes attached to a person's name that remind you who that person is

7. Interesting, haven't heard of that kinda thing before. Something I'll think about.

8. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

think it'd be p helpful to be able to sort notifications by replies, mentions, and quotes, like in tab-type things

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Follow button on user profiles from mobile?

10. Ty ty

11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

How do you get the nice and clean social media links on the quick profile?

12. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

If you're talking about what I think you are, it's under your "Contact Details"

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Michael Schmidt

So bad... Totally clicking in the edit profile section.

14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'd like there to be a little more customization with cover photos. Sort of like Facebook lets you crop and center your picture. I'm having a hard time getting mine to look right.

15. Michael Schmidt

Yep, all of my photos from my camera roll are too large to begin with. I probably won't have a cover photo for a little while.

16. ChiliTacos likes this.
  17. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

That reminds me I need a cover photo. If I'm not using a Grateful Dead avatar, I guess that's what I gotta do.

18. Hah, it looks good!

Wharf Rat likes this.
  19. bradsonemanband Mar 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2016)
    I love how it shows a notification in the tab when you're on a different site, especially that it updates live. On AP, you had to refresh your page in order to see any notifications, so this is really cool!

I wisssssh that each topic was closer together like it is on AP, in order to show more topics per page. Or if there's a way to change that or the "number of topics shown per page" in the preferences/settings that I missed, let me know.

(Edit: I guess it probably shows just as many (if not more) topics per page, compared to AP.net, but there seems to be more scrolling involved to get from top to bottom. It's a tiny issue that I can definitely get used to if there isn't any way to change the settings.)

So far, those are my favorite/least favorite things. Other than that though, this is a great and refreshing change!

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm not sure how to word this, but there is one thing that aesthetically I like more about AP than here so far, and it had to do with the list of threads in a forum, let's use General as an example.

On AP, thread titles are bolded when they are unread by me and to the left there is the symbol that shows if I have any posts in a thread. This allows me quickly to look down the left side of the page to see threads that I have posted in, but not read new posts in.

On chorus, I am finding this harder to separate. Now on the left of threads, the blue dot is there if they are unread by me and to the right is the check mark if I am following the thread (/if I have posted). So when looking down the list of threads, it's not a quick process for my eye to scan down the left side of the threads and immediately tab open the threads that I want to catch up to. I'm just finding that I am reading the title of every thread then trying to remember if I have posted in it.

I know this is like, super specified and maybe just something that affects me, but it's the only thing so far that I've had trouble adapting to

nothingsforeverdude likes this.
  21. http://forum.chorus.fm/followed/threads/all

Wouldn't that give you exactly what you're looking for?

Or even more specifically:

http://forum.chorus.fm/followed/threads

Threads you've posted in with new posts ...

22. irthesteve

Those two links definitely do, thanks. The only difference is that using those links wouldn't allow me to really see new threads that I want to check out, but I think that's ok. Honestly I think a lot of it is just changing what I have been doing for.... 10+ years (yikes)

23. Hah, yeah, I hear you. I rotate between my followed threads to see what threads I want to check up on, and then I usually view the main forums to see what other things I wanna post in or follow new ones.

I'll give some thought on the scan-ability of the forums themselves as well.

irthesteve likes this.
  24. irthesteve

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

EDIT: I just realized what the like button can be used for!!! hah

Wharf Rat and Jason Tate like this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Super minor: a refresh button at the bottom for mobile. It was quite convenient on AP.

ChaseTx likes this.