Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 5

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Is location going to be done away with forever? it was kinda nice knowing at a glance where someone was based.

2. It's in the mini-profile/profile if it's filled out. Clicking a username will show it.

[​IMG]

3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I did kind of like seeing location under everyone's avatar.

4. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I do love the mini profile thing though. Very convenient.

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

mini profile is so sweet

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

@Jason Tate this mentioning business makes me very happy. easily than finding a random post from someone if you want them to see your post.

7. Exactly.

8. nfdv2 Mar 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 7, 2016)
    nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

posted in general chat, but re-posting here

would love for there to be some sort of creative forum (or thread) here where people can share their stuff and get feedback? maybe a "post your thing, review the thing that the person above you posted" sort of deal for both lyrics and music. restricting it to prestigious members or members with a certain join date might prevent it from being abused by people joining just to get feedback. also could be used for people to talk about songwriting, home recording, various instruments, etc. i suppose all of this could go in the technology forum but a forum for creators would be pretty swell.

edit: @Jason Tate not sure if you saw this, sorry if you have!!

9. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i don't know if like songwriting / home recording / guitar / help threads should go in the prestigious forum though, would be nice to have a separate forum for those

e: also for the AP comps, which have been going strong for almost a year

10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Not sure if this is the right place, @Jason Tate, but my first thought for the site is not having a user automatically following every thread they post in. It was one of the key things that kept me from using the CP on AP consistently. Realized it was doing the same thing on here early on, so I could manually manage it a bit better.

11. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Forgive me if this has been brought up in the previous 6 pages (or if I missed it in my settings somewhere) but as someone who sits in front of computers all day, my eyes would not be opposed to a dark theme existing in the future.

12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

So am I correct in assuming that the personal life forum is now sort of merged with general?

13. It's something I'm thinking about as well. It may be a while but it's on the list to look at how much work that would be to re-style and theme (and a holiday theme - heh).

Timmiluvs likes this.
  14. Yeah, I removed that forum for the time being. If it's highly requested I can bring it back, it was in a weird state of existence.

15. Yeah, it's a weird balance to strike between a new or casual user and a regular that is here posting a lot. I have the default for that set to on (it can be changed here, if you didn't see it yet) so that it's easier for new members to find the threads they posted in and kind of get an idea of how to use the followed threads page. And how convenient it is to use. It's always hard to know the right defaults, and try and make it helpful for everyone. I'm with you though, I uncheck it and customize my notifications as well.

16. Garrett

Yeah, I missed it when I went through the original settings but found it again after I made this and went looking through something else. Thanks!

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Is there any way to make it so you can't even see someone whose post you blocked don't even show up? If I block someone I more of want to forget about their existence as opposed to just not seeing what they say

Edit: weird, only seems to happen when they're a new unread post, when I go back into the thread I can't see it anymore

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Would it be possible (or is it possible) to turn off alerts for certain threads? like say I want to follow Thread X,Y and Z but I only really want alerts for X?

19. Jason Tate Mar 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 7, 2016)
    Currently no, since it would have added a lot of complexity I didn't have time to tackle, but it's on the list for potentially one day. Right now the alerts are either on or off with followed threads.

SomedayTheFire likes this.
  20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Cool, thanks!

21. Garrett

Am I missing the "first unread post" feature or is that not something that's gonna be on the website? It was one of my most used things for my regular threads.

22. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

If you click on a thread you follow when there is a new post in it, it'll default take you to the first unread post.

For example, I took a 2 hour nap, came back, clicked on the chat thread and it took me to the first unread post on page 50 out of 54

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. I'm not sure I follow this — what you described should be how it works. It should remove their posts from everywhere and keep them basically hidden from you.

24. It defaults to the first unread now if there is an unread post in a thread. Instead of going to the first page, it'll remember and take you where you need to go. Should work across devices as well.

It is also available via the menu on the far right with a few other options:

[​IMG]

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It is possible to turn off the blue dots on the main page for entire forums? I will never read every thread in an entire forum, so the blue dots will just live there forever