Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 4

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

okay i was way off then. weird, that's not how mine is O_O

2. Interesting. So, could you move a photo into the document folder and then select it as an avatar here?

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It is, kind of but OEM's obfuscate different parts of it and make it seem different. Android is a nightmare.

Yeah, I can do that but I'm not sure they can.

4. Weird. I'll keep looking around to see if there's some easy trick I can find to make it easier.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

yeah android doesn't make anything easy. i was making a digital travel guide with photo taking ability for a college project and i got the camera working fine. ended up breaking my phone and transferring the project to that and the camera was upside down when i ran the program!

could you actually take a screenshot of what happens when you go to change your avatar on mobile?

6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Camera/camcorder/documents
    Imgur Image

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Alright! Same as me, if you click into Documents you'll be able to see a side bar, in which you can choose your gallery app. Below is a screenshot of one of my phones, after clicking into documents. @Jason Tate

Also how cool is it that your draft posts save across all devices. that's brilliant.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

This would probably be noticed by very few people, but a logo for Safari's pinned tab would be great if it's not a giant pain in the ass to make happen.
    Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 12.08.18 PM.png

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Back to the music forums, I love the idea of having Band or Album beside a thread, but should band be Artist instead? idk kinda bugs me the Kendrick Lamar thread has Band beside it.

tacosforcharles likes this.
  10. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

oh. #n00b. thank you

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I saw someone say that doing bold, italics, etc, is easy to do in mobile now. Am I missing something? I don't see it.

12. Snewt

You have to long press (or double tap if it's just one word) to select the word(s) you want to mess with and you should see a menu pop up with options to bold, italicize, or underline.

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Hmmm, still nothing for me. Is this am iOS thing?

14. Snewt

15. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Are notifications customizable/controllable for each user, or no?

16. This was something I thought a lot about but decided to go with band (even though I agree with you) because artist and album looked too similar when scanning a page. The two a words of similar length made it not as easy to tell which was which IMO.

17. Michael Schmidt

18. What do you mean? Maybe we're talking about two different things.

19. Michael Schmidt

No, the page you linked was exactly what I was looking for. I just couldn't get there on my own in mobile. It's a total user error haha.

20. Ohhhh, gotcha. Thanks!

21. Michael Schmidt

I can easily find it on the desktop version, but I was striking out in mobile. I suppose it's not a big deal, but something that was bugging me for a few minutes.

22. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Is there where you're looking for bug reports? I was trying to post an image before and kept getting a message about being over the 10,000 character limit. I refreshed and went back and forth to the page and it stopped after like 2 minutes.

23. Some images have crazy super long URLs with extra "stuff" in them. So that was probably it.

[​IMG]

24. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Trust me, I know about that, it wasn't haha. Well, it may have been at first, but then when I tried to do a different image with a correct URL it gave the same message. Wasn't a big deal but figured I'd let you know