Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 32

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. I’m legit impressed by it. Idk how you thought of it but wow. Needs to be system wide for iOS somehow

troyplaysbass and Jason Tate like this.
  2. I try to do that in other apps/sites literally every day.

David Parke and Jason Tate like this.
  3. I’d love the option to “mute” a thread for a week or so. My bookmark goes to the “unread followed threads” page but the Halloween (film) thread is blowing up. I’m super excited to see it tonight and I wanna avoid spoilers but I also get super excited when I see it’s got a new post. I’m good about not reading it but I like to keep up and participate in those threads so I wanna be able to “keep” my place in the unread queue if that makes sense. I expect this would be useful for anticipated albums or films too. I just don’t browse the forums enough these days to be able to go back and find a thread I unfollowed

4. An ignore/mute feature is on my to-do list.

David Parke likes this.
  5. Would a chorus app be out of the question

6. It's on the list after 'Ignore Threads' feature gets completed (60% of the way there). I'm hoping I can use the changes I'm making there to add something like that soon after.

David Parke likes this.
  7. In the inbox dropdown, it would be nice to see who each thread is with at a glance. It's fine if the latest message is from the other user, "Last reply by Jason Tate," but if I sent the last message, it can be difficult to discern who the thread contains.

Often I'll have a few PM threads with similar subject lines, complicating this further.

8. The avatar should always be the other member of the conversation. My reasoning for putting "last response" was so you could know quickly if you've responded or not. I'll make a note to see if there's a way to put the username under that or fit it in somewhere.

9. It looks to me like the avatar is the most recent poster in the conversation.

Attached Files:

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Will look into and see about fixing. Good call.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I don't know if its possible to implement or not, but I think it would be nice if we could block people on a thread by thread basis

12. It's pretty hard for a few reasons, but it is on my list to at least look at the possibility at some point.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  13. I love the double tap to go down feature however today it got a little annoying when editing my profile. I like to double tap words when editing text to highlight the word and it does that AND scrolls to the bottom. I can type my word then scroll up but still kinda weird. Not sure if it can be turned off when in a typing text field? Not important, just was confused for a minute.

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It would be cool to have banners in the sports form under usernames that say what team each user is a fan of, like on Reddit.

15. ItsAndrew likes this.
  16. 7/1 every year the O in the “chorus” and “forums” headers should be the smiley logo. ;)

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

edit: wrong thread!

18. Don’t think I can do anything about that unfortunately.

David87 and OhTheWater like this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

lol I legit have NO idea how I ended up in this thread. Oops.

20. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

@Jason Tate can we get a few more slots for the poll thread, possibly?

21. mercury Sep 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 22, 2020)
    mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

legit not anywhere close to a big deal, but here I go anyways: I find myself wishing for a back to top button on mobile frequently (to get back to the notifications page thru the top burger stack menu!)

edit: thanks y’all! pretty sure I’ve asked this here before, got the same answer, and still managed to forget :teethsmile:

Slangster likes this.
  22. On iOS you can tap the top/status bar.

mercury likes this.
  23. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Tap the clock/the notch on the menu bar on iPhone.

mercury likes this.
  24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I believe I read that Apple somehow got a patent on the scroll to top by tapping the top of the screen so Android couldn't do it if they wanted lol

mercury likes this.