Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 31

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Noticed that this hasn't been implemented in Dark Mode on the main site yet. Maybe that was purposeful, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

Also, on the main site the "Sticky" icon is still white in Dark Mode. Seeing it on Android and PC.

upload_2018-1-8_16-38-26.png

2. Haha, I saw this last night and it's on my to do list to fix!

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

An "open all notifications" button, that opens the threads in a new tab.

skogsraet likes this.
  4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Would also recommend a "block all like notifications from user: The Mysterious" option as well.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I’d prefer a new tab personally but I like this idea

6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

That's what I meant, thanks for the correction! Just changed my original post.

skogsraet likes this.
  7. A lot of times I just hold down command and click them. But I'll look into some ideas.

8. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I’ve tried doing this but it closes the notifications menu with every click

9. skogsraet likes this.
  10. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Has anyone suggested a way to pop open an embedded image on mobile so we can zoom in on them?

Sometimes large photos are a bit difficult to read on a tiny mobile site, I just typically long-press on the image and hit "Open in a new tab" in my chrome browser to get around that.

12. I haven't seen a better way beside exactly that.

13. RyanPm40

14. I’m on iOS 12 beta 3 so this could be safari but 50% of the time on mobile I have to close the keyboard by hitting “done” to be able to get a response from the ”post reply” button. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Also, I’d mentioned it before but usability of the emotes is a little clunky in safari on mobile in that in portrait mode the keyboard covers them all. It’s usable if I clear the keyboard but then it puts the emote at the front of my message text. Landscape mode helps but I only get a sliver of screen real estate that way with the safari header and keyboard active.

Lastly for today, if I’m typing a lot of text, Safari doesn’t scroll my message window up as new lines are added so I find myself typing blindly behind the keyboard or stopping to scroll up.

Some or all of these may be safari’s issue and not chorus’ but I figured I’d see if this was common knowledge/ expereince.

15. I haven't seen this, but I can't really troubleshoot beta software reliably because it almost always changes before being released. If it's doing this in the GM of iOS 12, I'll look into it.

Yeah, the issue is that iOS sees the textarea for typing, so when you tap into it it brings the keyboard up, which makes sense. And the only way to have a cursor there is with the keyboard, as far as I know. I don't know if there's any other way to do it. Ideal would be for the cursor to stay under the text when you click "done" on the keyboard, or for the keyboard to close, and the cursor to stay wherever it was last, when you click the emoji button ... but I don't know anyway to do this on iOS right now. I'll make a note to look again.

Yep, that's a known bug with the WYSIWYG editor. I am still working on that as well! Switching to the non WYSIWYG editor seems to fix that, but it's annoying and on the top of my bug list.

David Parke likes this.
  16. You. Da. Man.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Very close to a solution on this I think. It's not totally perfect, but it's way better.

18. Awesome dude!

This worked as advertised.:heart:
    Much nicer experience for both! Huzzah!

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. I fucking hate this god damn Safari bug so fucking much. Every "fix" breaks something else.

20. Yo dude. Couple more ideas I had or maybe don’t know how to use: I’ll click on a forum because I wanna post something but it takes me to the melodybot post. I don’t see an easy way to get to the bottom on mobile to add my comment to that forum. Maybe there’s a hidden add-comment button at the head of a comment thread but I haven’t found it yet?
    I guess my other thing is a bug so I’ll post in that forum.
    Edit: So the “post a reply” option in the “...” menu before clicking into a forum. That’s probably the best way to go.

21. RyanPm40

I know you can double-tap anywhere on the screen and it will scroll to the bottom of the forum for you :)

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Fucking. Genius.

Jason Tate and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. Couple ways:

From the main forum listing, if you click the "..." button it'll give you a "post a reply" option from right there.

When you enter a thread, you can tap the action button (top right, the square and arrow) and there's a "post a reply" link in there as well.

Or, you can double tap anywhere on the screen and it'll send you right to the bottom of any page.

David Parke likes this.
  24. Still one of my favorite things I've ever added to a website.