Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 30

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. This is a cool touch! It's a minor change but I noticed right away when I logged in this evening.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

The "unread followed threads" page is my favorite thing on this site, but would there be any way to access that page directly from the side bar on mobile? It would save me......... A lot of clicks throughout the day haha.

3. I'll think about a way to make that customizable. Currently book marking is probably the best way.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  4. devenstonow

Noobie

You should put in some sort of NSFW/"block thread" ish feature. Nothing in particular spurring this on (well, the blaze it thread kinda), but it'd be a nice feature to have.

5. ReginaPhilange Jun 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2017)
    ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I imagine that's the point of the prestigious forum? I'm not sure where that thread is located but any potentially compromising material goes there for the most part. NSFW posts need to have spoilers and any NSFW thread titles should be deleted imo. Drug stuff for sure. The sex thread is even a bit iffy only because of the title, obviously doesn't need spoilers for the posts in there because if you're being the thread you know what it's gonna be about but perhaps the title could be changed to be more work friendly in the future.

6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I was wondering, would you ever consider adding a way to be able to mention/tag all users subscribed to a certain thread by using "@thread" or "@everyone"? Reason being, in some threads I get the notification that someone has posted, but don't click it right away and then three days later I realize "shit, I forgot" and then I miss out on all that conversation because I'm dumb. This would be useful for smaller threads in General forum or for album threads when, say, someone sees that the new Manchester Orchestra song went up on streaming services. It's something I've fallen in love with being able to do on discord.

7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Would be cool if you had a "collapse" function for comments, so users could take quoted excerpts and allow others to contract/expand them. I'd use this for things like the album thread, where all of those lists are getting super long. The collapsed text would ideally still be searchable through the Chorus.fm search function and traditional ctrl+f methods.

8. Not sure what you mean by this ...

9. Matt Chylak

That'd get real spammy real quick.

10. Matt Chylak

Added more context.

11. Text wrapped in quote tags does what I think you're looking for:

12. Matt Chylak

Ah okay cool! Any way to make it contract again?

13. Just on refresh. Not sure where the use for contracting/expanding multiple times would be used that often. Trying to think of the use case that would make sense.

14. Matt Chylak

Yeah, good point. Honestly, I've just been updating my Albums List so much that I've been thinking about ways to condense a lot of information into a smaller thread, though honestly that thread's a huge outlier on this site.

15. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

can we have a "General Sports Thread" again, preferably stickied.

There's so many "general sports news" topics these days that I feel like that sort of thread could be useful. Talking about sports personalities, current events, non major team sports whatever.

16. If you'd like to make one, and it gets popular/is being used, I'll sticky it.

17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Curious if integrating some sort of markdown support on the forums. I’ve seen others do it. I like it better than the normal forum tags

18. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

a sticky mini version of the header on desktop so I can always access my PLENTIFUL notifications? exactly like on Facebook.

David Parke likes this.
  19. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Please let me like my own posts, I'm hilarious and I have to let me know.

20. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

ngl I'd like all my posts

21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

The bots got pretty out of hand tonight. Is there a way to implement a system where new accounts can't post multiple threads in the same time period?

David Parke likes this.
  22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

@Jason Tate I still think this is a good idea!

23. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Allow for different avatars for desktop and mobile versions of the site. Because my current universe-redefiningly brilliant avatar doesn't work on mobile and it's rather distressing.

24. The issue is that the ones that get through are human related to some degree, so they end up spamming posts instead of creating threads. There's not many great options to prevent that.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Maybe something like limiting accounts so they can only make 5 threads per hour?