Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 3

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. NP. I actually don't think I show the notification options on mobile, just desktop, because of how long that menu was getting.

Yeah, I think I'm going to go remove "Official Thread" from all of the threads. I don't think it's needed. One band thread per band, one album thread per album.

2. I am an idiot. Hahahahahaah.

It's early for me.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah that sounds good, once it's consistent.

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

not a request, just wanted to say that I loveeeeee that just by clicking on a followed thread title takes me right to the first unread message by default. A+

5. Is there a way to make Unread Followed Threads the default, like it is in desktop AP.net, instead of all followed threads?

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I totally didn't know this was a thing on AP.net

7. troyplaysbass likes this.
  8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

may not be all that helpful but if you just drag the page down when you're at the top of a page it should refresh in chrome mobile.

9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

so specific, maybe almost lol-worthy, but...when i tried to edit my avatar via android mobile, it didn't give me the option to choose the photo gallery, just the camera.

10. Done. It is cleaner. The hard part will be keeping that forum clean. Heh. Hopefully we can do it, prefixes really help.

11. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Via Android Mobile lol - just realized that sounded redundant. The browser was chrome. OS is Lollipop

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Is there a way to put in say a default like prototype (sorry can't think of the right word, beer on my brain) for creating a band or album thread? like you're creating a thread and there is a tickbox for "Album", you tick that and then enter the band name, album name and release date to create the title.

probably way too complicated but im nursing a hangover and trying to think hahah

13. Heh, it's using a standard file selector — I'm not sure if Android needs something specific for that, it looks like that's their standard choice though?, it works in iOS for picking an avatar for the first time.

14. Theoretically, but I didn't want to make too many options for a thread yet. Something I'll think about though.

15. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i see photo gallery as a choice with apps (twitter, instagram, etc) so that's why i mentioned it. i guess i've never done it via the (mobile) browser. thanks google ;-;

16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

In my followed threads page, the text doesn't seem to display in this box. When I click the dropdown I can see all the options fine.

[​IMG]

17. Yeah, I'm looking to see if there's something specific to have it select an image from the camera role or whatever they call it on Android.

18. Is that Firefox?

19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

20. Windows?

Edit: I think I know what it is, submitted the fix, should work in like 5 minutes or so when the cache clears.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I can see "Documents" as an option when editing my avatar using Chrome on a Samsung S6, and I can see "Files" on my OnePlus2. I can choose a pre taken photo from both of those options but it doesn't show up my Gallery apps.

22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

yep, fixed!

23. I'm not quite sure what that means by gallery apps. Is that a separate thing from the system photos gallery?

24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i only have one, the default, but i'm assuming they mean apps like photo editors that come with their own gallery and android has a way of detecting that when you want to change a photo somewhere (again, like twitter etc)? i'm prob way off hehe

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah android is confusing, files and documents are general file folders. But the photo gallery are set up as separate apps in Android. I believe gallery's are handled internally as MediaStore