Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 29

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

can you gift me a membership? :D

efp722 likes this.
  2. Yes! That is coming very, very, very soon. I have it all set up, just need to finish a few things and roll it out.

3. efp722

Regular

Awesome, can't wait!

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. efp722

Regular

jorbjorb likes this.
  5. I posted up an easy way to gift a membership here. (It's the bottom option, says "Gift a Membership.)

Currently it's set up to gift a yearly membership that does not auto renew. You'll just need to email me the username of the person you are gifting a membership after signing up and I'll get them upgraded! If you want to gift more than one membership (or would prefer to do a monthly membership gift), let me know and I can set something up for you to do that as well.

This system should take any credit card as well as Apple Pay. Let me know if you have any issues at all.

(I am just putting this page up now, so if there are any bugs, oops.)

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. Would it be possible to have a gesture to toggle between regular and dark themes on mobile (like the two-finger swipe up or down in Tweetbot)? Or would that not work as well since Chorus isn't a standalone app and it would only be available to supporters?

7. It would be a pretty difficult thing to assign to a gesture specifically. It's doable, but putting a switch in the side-menu would probably be a better solution. Are you just looking to be able to move from white to dark quicker?

8. Yep, that's exactly it. Being able to switch from the side menu would be awesome though.

9. I'll add a note to my ideas project.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  10. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Hey Jason, any word on this request? I'd even be willing to be a mod for the sub-forums if needed.

11. lauren14

Regular

Not necessarily a feature, but what about a targeted philanthropy effort for users, bands, etc?

12. testtime

Regular

I know this isn't wanted, but is there a way to delete an account? I want to go out on my own terms

13. On desktop, I'd love the clock to also be at the bottom. Sure, I don't mind hitting command-r or seeing the (x) number in the tab bar at the top, but the clock icon is so clean, i'd love that down at the bottom of a thread I am following - or even an option to lock the header to follow as I scroll.

BigMouth likes this.
  14. I second this.

15. I'll think about how that may work.

BigMouth likes this.
  16. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I always thought it would be cool to have a feature where you could "#" a song, and it would search relevant online music databases for that song (kind of like the drop down menu for when you @ someone), and you can pick the song and it auto links it. I think tumblr has a somewhat similar feature IIRC. would probably be a bit involved to implement and not worth it but just my 2¢.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i've no idea how hard (probably impossible) this would be. but as someone that uses the music forum for finding new music, a subforum i guess of the current months album threads would be cool. or a way to filter the Album prefix list by release date? now that we have the album thread title consistency I thought that would be a great way for music discovery.

also album thread links in the "what's in stores today" news post would be cool

FTank likes this.
  18. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i think a cool way would be the OP of "<Year> Albums Thread" have it set up so it's like:

January:
    <link to thread>
    <link to thread>
    <link to thread>

February:
    <link to thread>
    <link to thread>

etc

but it would require someone to constantly keep track and edit it.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd be really into this.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah that's actually what spawned the thought. But you're right the constant weekly update is prob too much for a regular forum goer. Which is why I thought the consistent titles and album prefix could be leveraged.

21. Search • forum.chorus.fm

Check: Search Titles Only
    Select: Just Music Forum

Search for "Month YYYY" ... so "May 2017" ...

That should work:

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 12.33.34 PM.png

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the search would be a lot easier if people actually consistently used the correct album thread format that lightning made a post about but people don't follow that and thread titles aren't changed

...i still volunteer to clean up thread titles, hah

23. devenstonow

Noobie

I forget what the name for this feature is actually called, but it'd be cool if for Dark Mode (which I'm only now starting to use haha, but I think it would also improve the look of light mode on mobile too) if it changed the color of the Chrome address bar on Android.

Like this:
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

24. Didn't know that was a thing that was even possible. Done.

devenstonow likes this.