Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 28

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Trent Gill

trentgill.ca Prestigious

That makes a lot of sense -- I'm the same way. There's a fine balance to be struck between things you want associated with your site and things that could benefit the various audiences that float around here.

I enjoyed that feature, but I think it was perhaps more frequent than it needed to be. Once every few weeks would probably suffice, but I guess that would duplicate what the Encore podcast is doing. It would be cool to have multiple voices and perspectives captured in one post, though. That's the benefit of having contributors. I follow most of them on Twitter but some of that gets lost in the noise.

2. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

would it be possible to someday add the (I'm not well versed in formatting terms) type of text you can do on reddit that decreases text size and moves it up with each "^"? I think its called an annotation or something. I feel like it would make for some funny snarky comments on here haha.

3. Can you provide an example/screen shot?

4. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

the one at the very bottom!

5. Testingshut up jason

Testing[sup]shut up jason[/sup]

The code :up:

Onlyadirector likes this.
  6. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

you are the BEST.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Do you think the block quote could be a little brighter on the dark theme?

it's a little hard to read at first glance

I realise not many people use block quotes but I think they're great but could be a little better on the dark theme.

8. I increased the color contrast a little bit. Should update shortly.

9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I forget if there was a straight trophy thread, but can there be like a 'maybe stop posting' trophy if you have over a hundred posts that no one liked?

10. Hahhaa. Brutal.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I'm gonna take this to mean you're on it, and thinking of meaner names for 500+ and 1000+

12. Rodrigo Leonardo

I'm a new member here and I really like the forum! The Music Forum is my favorite one! Everyone seems nice here and everything's great! I would like to suggest a Movie Forum, I think it would be cool too. Thank you all for creating such a great community! :)

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Check the entertainment forum. Movies, TV Shows, Video Games, Books, it's all fair game in there!

Rodrigo Leonardo likes this.
  14. Rodrigo Leonardo

Hey, thank you, ChiliTacos! That sure is another great forum! I just thought that maybe a whole section dedicated to movies could be cool, but I'm not sure how many Movie fans we got on the forum. Anyway, thanks for your reply and I will check out the Entertainment forum too! ;-)

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Been coming here for a while now and only found out about this section of the site today! Have you thought about making that more obvious, perhaps a link off of the main navigation? Or am I just blind and missing what everyone else already knew about.

16. On the homepage on the right there's a circle of my face that links to the latest and clicking the username of any contributor account on a post gets there too. But yeah I have wanted to highlight more of that. I'll brainstorm.

crunchprank likes this.
  17. elliottsaray

hunk of lead

A "Read Later" or some kind of article queue could be really interesting, would help when revisiting the site after a break in order to build a reading list without opening a bunch of tabs.

18. Ever looked at something like Pocket or Instapaper? Both apps should work with our site.

19. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

In the contact details part of the profile, I noticed you don't have a section for "bandcamp" or even just "website" in general. Any chance of adding that in?

20. elliottsaray

hunk of lead

Use Pocket and love it, just wondered if you were interested in doing a native integration linked to my Chorus account.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I get that this only would help a few people, but I think it'd be a really cool idea if able to be implimented.

Having a thread in the Music forums called "New Album Threads" that would auto-post by Melody Bot or something, each time a new album thread is created in the forums. Because my main source of reading the forums is the "Followed Threads" area, I miss a fair amount of new album threads if they get created and I happen to miss the forums around that time. If there was a thread that auto-updated, it would appear in my "Followed Threads" section each time a new album thread was created, and I could see what it was

22. Hmm. I'll think about how that may work.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I just want the shrug back

Matt Chylak and Aj LaGambina like this.
  24. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  25. efp722

Regular

Hey Jason,

Can we get some kind of option where other members can gift a monthly membership to other members? Very similar to how we can give gold on reddit?