Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 26

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Tags on mobile? For example, on the website I can click the grey text "VIDEO GAME" and it'll show me all threads that are video game related, can't do that on mobile.

lightning13 likes this.
  2. Definitely on my list to do.

3. As a windows user currently, my laptop manufacturer did not include pgup, pgdn, home, OR end. so looks like I'm SOL on the jump to top keyboard shortcut :verysad: (though I may just do some remapping). But another idea, because I totally understand the clunkiness of a "top of page" button, could there possibly be a top of page arrow next to the page navigation at the bottom? Something along those lines could hit the functionality and preserve the aesthetics.

4. I hit the 'unfollow' button instead of 'first unread' quite often. I wonder if it's more because they both contain 'un' or that they're right next to each other.

5. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

This site's biggest problem is the inability to like your own post.

FTank and Jason Tate like this.
  6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Can you upload a pic on mobile?

I second being able to like your own post haha, though I get why it's not a thing

7. More options + landscape mode.

8. devenstonow

Noobie

Not sure if mentioned/I'm just missing it, but adding an option to sort by recent when searching, but instead of having to go advanced search, have it right there in the results.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

Maybe it has already been said, but I think it would be useful if the buttons with the numbers that let you navigate from one page to another were not only at the bottom below all the posts, but also on the top. I mean, they do appear on my computer, but not in the mobile version.

10. image.png

Those ones at the top?

Nick likes this.
  11. lauren14

Regular

I have no idea how this would work but a subscription service for recommended albums. You get to say what types of music you like, what you're looking for and then every month get two new albums.

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Huh

13. marioeatworld

14. Are you on the 4 or 4S?

15. marioeatworld

Yes, 4. So I guess it has to do with the fact that my phone is relatively old then?

16. Yeah, it's the screen size -- at that size it's hard to fit all that stuff in there.

17. marioeatworld

Oh, I see. Thanks Jason.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. devenstonow

Noobie

Auto-hyperlinking is awesome and brilliant.

Not a request or idea, just sayin'

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't know if this is the place for it, but I really wish we could just comment on news posts directly like the old site. I don't understand the point of having to go to a separate part of the site to do so.

20. Bring Back Comments on Front Page

I Am Mick likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I've never noticed the icon to go directly to the forum post but that definitely helps a lot, thanks friend.

[edited] but for what it's worth, I still think the being able to comment directly below is nice. I understand your reasons, but don't stop considering it?

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. kpatrickwood Jun 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 1, 2016)
    kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I was riding my bike by the lake today and I had a thought. I stopped for a bit to drink some water and poke through my iTunes to find something to put on to ride shotgun while I cruised by the beach and made my way home. I passed New London Fire’s Happiness Through Radios and Wires and thought… damn it’s been awhile…you’re in. And it was perfect.

That kinda got me thinking about a few things... 1) What ever happened to New London Fire? 2) I bet a lot of people would really like this record if they knew it existed. 3) I wondered about all the other bands from the past decade(ish) that put out great records but never got them to catch on enough to warrant a 10 year anniversary tour.

Growing up and becoming the type of person that absorbs music into his DNA in the midst of the digital revolution was truly a unique experience, and one that I think about all the time. Knowing the stressful anticipation of sitting at the radio and waiting for your song to come on so you can press record on your tape deck, but also knowing the power of having virtually every note ever recorded at my fingertips on demand is a circumstance exclusive to my generation.

With that in mind, I almost feel a responsibility to get people to slow down from time to time, and to check the cracks for stuff that maybe got missed while other bands and records and trends were blowing up. I think there were a lot of bands that had loads of firepower with wicks that for some reason never got lit. I also think that with the never ending bombardment of new music flying towards us, it gets harder and harder to look back. The thought of great bands and records slowly sinking into the abyss genuinely bums me out, and that brings me (finally) to my feature idea:

In Case You Missed It— Profiles of great records from our scene that never got huge, but still deserve to be heard by the growing generation of users on this site that never had to get off the internet so their parents could use the phone. It could also serve as another trip down memory lane for people who maybe had heard the highlighted record, but had let it get buried under the onslaught of everything else... because god dammit if there's one thing my generation can't get enough of-- it's nostalgia. On another note, I'd imagine reaching out to the bands behind the records for an update on their whereabouts would also be pretty easy and mutually beneficial.

So, that's my thought. I know this website is in its infancy and stuff like this probably isn't a priority, but ya know, food for thought for the future. Cheers emoji.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  23. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Love this idea.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this is a great idea!

kpatrickwood likes this.
  25. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Glad you're into it! What smaller albums from last decade or so do you think deserve to be re-hyped?