Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 25

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Steel

Regular

Can I suggest adding something like a " + -" Karma button in addition to the like button?

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

What about android?

3. They for whatever reason don't seem to have an equivalent option.

4. Strikegently

close cover, strike gently

Can you follow a forum section, to get notifications whenever a thread is posted there? Like if I wanted to get a notification every time a new thread is posted in "Announcements."

5. Not currently, I was worried about the overhead that'd put on the server to watch a full forum.

6. Strikegently

close cover, strike gently

I don't know how XenForo handles notifications, but I've done forums on IP.B with several thousand people following a particular section and it isn't too much of a strain.

7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Not sure if this is really the right place to put this thought (because it's more a personal preference), but I wish there were more header images in the chorus.fm news feed. I realize it's more time consuming, but it feels way more engaging (especially on mobile).

8. It's actually already built in to do it, it's the matter of unchecking one box to push them into the feed, but I've been holding back for a while right now because I want the homepage to load as fast as possible. Especially while the website gets off the ground. I think that's a big selling feature. So many other sites take forever to load and are a pain in the ass and I want the homepage to be as close to instant as I can. I do plan to start using more images in the main feed in the near future though!

Matt Chylak likes this.
  9. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I love that post drafts that I've typed on my phone are still there when I get on my computer. Bravo!

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I know you can see how many likes you've received, but can you see how many likes you've given out?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. Not that I can think of off the top of my head. I'll think about how I could grab that.

12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

No big deal. Just one of those things that popped into my head.

13. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Also dig being able add attachments on 5S. Killin' it, Jason.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd be interested in that too, if only because I enjoy random, virtually meaningless statistics.

15. kiguel182

Regular

This is more feedback on the main site and less on the forum so I don't know if it fits here but I think it would be cool if the review's "feedback" could be shown in the main page without having to enter the review itself.

In the old website I scanned the review section pretty often to see what's good and then I would enter a review. The old way the better stuff would stand out more at a glance.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on it!

16. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The news section has been prett blah for me, hard for things to stand out, and this idea might be way too drastic but it came in my head so here you go:

Pretty much every news post falls into three categories: new music (songs, albums, videos etc), announcements (tours, albums, break ups etc), or interesting articles and stuff (basically all etc). There could be a way to organize the posts neatly into those categories which would drive user interactions. When I'm looking for new music is like to stream a bunch of songs on the same page, id like to read updates all at once, articles when I need to find articles etc. there's flaws with that basic idea but that's what I'm thinking about now

Or even a way to round things up each day for quick catching up. Tuesday's new songs, Wednesday's new songs etc

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Any way you can maybe have a "hide thread" button? Basically an ignore button for certain threads, for example, it pains me to see anyone supporting that new nothing record, so hiding the thread would make me feel much better on the boards. also would help clean up some clutter personally of threads that don't matter to me. i know subscribing to threads sort of does the same thing but i feel if this is possible, it'd be nicer

Slangster likes this.
  18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

In the notable members area, is it possible to view anything beyond the default top 20 for posts, likes, or points?

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, is it at all possible to view any user's post, like, or point count on mobile? I'm on android if that makes a difference

20. Currently this doesn't exist, but I'll think about it. You could technically block the thread creator.

21. Not currently. It's a pretty big drain on resources to compile all that - and it's also why it's kind of a hidden feature - so at the moment it's just that.

22. You should be able to access that via the mini profile if you're in landscape mode.

23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah, most cases i wouldn't want to though. more of just to get rid of threads i know i'm never going to enter (or don't want to, for sake of just hating everything lol)

perceptrons likes this.
  24. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I apologize if it's already here and I'm just an idiot who can't find it.

There used to be the option to block certain bands from showing up in the news feed. Was that discontinued?