Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Feature Requests / Ideas Idea • Page 2

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Or just let the spam bots roam free.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Haha, yep, they'd take care of it pretty quick.

3. I might just be stupid, but is there an email preferences page? I see notification settings, but I do want site notifications, I just don't want any email notifications. When I receive one, I can unsubscribe from all emails using a link at the bottom of the email, but then when I post in a new thread it subscribes me to email notifications automatically.

Basically I want site notifications but not email notifications. Is there a way to do this without waiting for an email to come in and then unsubscribing?

4. Currently does not exist, but it's on the to-do list for a future update.

5. Theoretically they could, but given that user registration had to be disabled AP.net because of spam issues no one wanted to fix, and all the crappy code/issues on that site — my understanding is that will not be happening.

6. So many things on AP stopped working. "New" posts, "go to last unread", and keeping track of where someone was — basic things that I knew how to fix and yet no one would listen to me. Heh. :worried:

7. Yep, not really any reason to have a HUGE quote block. I think it keeps the pages cleaner, easier to read, and better conversations. Plus with the @replies, if someone is just talking / chatting and not quoting, you don't have to quote them randomly to make sure they see or come back to the thread.

8. I've I'm reading this right, I think what you want is:

http://forum.chorus.fm/account/preferences

[​IMG]

If you want to turn email notifications on for one specific thread, you can do that when you create the thread (click the plus next to the button), or via followed threads (using checkbox and the menu).

9. I can't decide what the best default is for the email notifications, like, long-term users totally want those off. But a new poster that isn't used to a forum or only makes a couple posts, may really like being alerted to a new post in a thread they follow. It's something I go back and forth on — that one checkbox and the default.

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

One thing I liked about the AP mobile site was the ability to jump right into the general forum from the drop down menu. Here I have to click community, and then select which forum I want to go in.

Very minor annoyance, but any chance we'll see that here?

11. Since there's so many options in the menu right now, I didn't add that yet, but I have some thoughts on how to potentially do it.

12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I get that for sure, it'd be a very long list of options.

13. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

May I ask which forum software this is running on? #nerdingout

14. 1. Love the user title. Well done.

2. The bones of it are Xenforo. But because I'm me -- I've made some changes.

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Xenforo is a great system, use a few really well done forums using it.

this is my number 1 request haha, band threads are already a little off X-(

16. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

This may be a dumb question, but what is the difference between quote and reply?

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Quote lets you easily quote multiple people and reply is just for one.

SomedayTheFire likes this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I'm not sure if this on purpose or not but for mobile anyway, notifications about quoted posts are lumped in with notifications about new replies for a thread. Would there be any possibility for a priority notification system, so a user can quickly see who's recently responded to them first, and then general thread notifications?

Maybe I'm just missing something on mobile.

19. Michael Schmidt

Oh, haha. Forgot about multi-quote. Thanks!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  20. Michael Schmidt

Is there a way to adjust the number of replies per page or we locked in to the default layout?

21. Hah, if we're going to make a standard, we should do it right now and "fix" any of the old ones that need it. Any thoughts.

Notification settings/preferences of which ones show up can be set here.

Currently just the default.

22. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I'm in a sugar bracket, myself

*retreats*

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

don't know how I missed that, thanks.

I kinda like the "Band Name - Album Name (Release date)" format for albums, and for band threads I like "Band Name (Official Thread)" or just (OT)/[OT] or some derivative to clean it up a little bit, right now in the music forum it's a bit of a mish mash between "Band Name (Official Thread)" and "Band Name". Which looks a little messy.

24. I had to google this to see what it means ... I'm still not sure.

25. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Re read your post haha