Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fear The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Apr 9, 2016.

1. drstrong

I'm Back.

I don't think Strand is under the assumption the border will operate as usual, but rather there is a handful of guys waiting for them and THOSE rules will still apply...if they're even alive. One thing I do know is that Strand will end up defending the rest of the group in some way when it comes time to cross the border. He's already leaning toward a closer "relationship" with them, though still kind of distant.

I think the Connor thing is done, think of it in terms of the early Walking Dead story lines (the cholos). Yea it was a waste of time, but it still showed that the group is willing to kill humans in order to survive.

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I haven't watched anything after the first episode and I honestly don't feel like I'm missing anything really from reading the discussions lol

3. drstrong

I'm Back.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly has happened this season.

They've been on a yacht since the premier, visited an island (maybe Catalina?) for half an episode, back on the boat for a while before finding the plane crash from last seasons little short that took place during the commercial breaks.

These people are WAY too smart regarding the zombies, at least in contrast to The Walking Dead.

4. drstrong

I'm Back.

How the fuck is no one talking about this after last night's episode?

This was easily the most brutal episode out of any Walking Dead or FTWD episode to date.

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

The show has been 'meh' so far so I watch them as a last resort, I'm about 2 episodes behind at this point. Guess I need to catch up!

6. drstrong

I'm Back.

They're going an interesting route with the last couple of episodes for this season. Since they're in Mexico now, there is a heavy dia de los muertos or "day of the dead" tradition going on. Basically they honor the dead differently in Mexico and that is translating interestingly into the zombies.

skurt likes this.
  7. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

It was by far the best episode to date and the mid season finale looks like its going to be good.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

They are going to have a midseason finale for this show? :eh:

9. skurt

Yeah next week is mid season finale then it comes back in august to lead in TWD Season 7.

10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Ah, I thought they'd just let it air each week non-stop and then have a gap between the finale of this season and the start of TWD's season.

11. drstrong

I'm Back.

They're filming in Rosarito, Mexico at the Baja California Studios right now. I was out there this past weekend and I saw a bunch of filming going on. One thing that interested me was that right off the main road in Rosarito, outside of the actual studio, there were a bunch of spotlights set up facing the exterior of a hotel and a parking garage. So I'm curious what they're doing there and who is still alive.

I couldn't see any actors, but an interesting side note is that the zombies will occasionally break for lunch and walk the strip for food...no one there knows what exactly is happening so I was hoping to catch something like that.

skurt and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

In costume? Haha, that would freak me out if I didn't know what was happening. The actors probably love it though.

13. skurt

I think its because AMC has that Ride with Norman Reedus show airing in the summer starting in June.

14. drstrong

I'm Back.

Yes, haha.

You couldn't hide the huge lighting rigs, but there was no crowd or anything. There was a 5 story parking garage and you could see the set lighting up there and people moving around, but when we tried to go up the stairs to the roof we ran into security. Also, the lighting crew played dumb and didn't answer the questions we asked them, they actually ignored us altogether which was annoying.

Still though, nothing will beat when Borat filmed outside of my house just at random is a really bad part of town. The crew acted really stupid with Borat until I was like hey man, I've watched Ali G when it was on HBO.

15. skurt

That was an awesome tale you just bestowed upon us, thanks for sharing. Really cool.

16. skurt

I think the shows starting to get really good now that they have really started to develop these characters instead of just having 2/3 of them slucking on a yacht doing nothing.

17. drstrong

I'm Back.

Fuck yea, was awesome and ultimately amount to nothing.

Ok but Chris? He isn't annoying the shit out of you?

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

That's funny, the driving's ed segment was filmed in my 'hood as well. Not right in front of my house, but he drives past my high school and everything.

19. skurt

He really is, hes the worst character. My bets are on him for dying this season at this point.

20. drstrong

I'm Back.

Nah, gotta kill off one of Maddie's kids just to make things even. I'm almost certain Daniel is going to die which really sucks as he's the best character at this point.

21. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I really don't see either of Madison's kids getting killed off this soon. Nick is arguably the main character of the show and I think Alicia is pretty likeable. I know that doesn't mean that they couldn't get killed off...I just think it would be too soon to have that happen.

I'd be fine with Chris getting killed off though, his character is just ridiculous. I think when he was confronted by Alicia, he could've explained himself a little better. I mean, tell her you froze and that you're having a hard time dealing with everything-the loss of your mom, the zombie apocalypse in general...but don't grab her and tell her that you don't want to hurt anyone. And then the scene at the end when he was in their room when they were sleeping? Yeah, it's time for Chris to go!

Really hoping they don't kill off Daniel though. He seems well-suited for the kind of world that they now live in.

Overall, I've enjoyed this season of FTWD though. I've been happy with the character development (for the most part) and the pace of this season too. I wish there wasn't going to be a mid-season break, but I guess it makes sense to do that and then start it up and roll right into The Walking Dead later in the year.

22. skurt

I also feel that the mid-season break doesn't seem necessary for this series, at least not yet.

23. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Yeah, I agree. I guess AMC's thinking is that it can continue in August and lead up to The Walking Dead season premiere. I can't really see that increasing TWD's ratings though.

On an unrelated note, Preacher and Feed the Beast are both starting up soon. I have other shows I want to catch up on (Fargo, Game of Thrones), but I may give these a show. Feed the Beast looks a little more up my alley, but we'll see.

24. drstrong

I'm Back.

Oh, by the way, what did I miss with the coin and Daniel throwing it overboard? His daughter said something like "can it be?" or something like that.

25. skurt

I am also looking forward to Preacher and Feed the Beast so hopefully those will fill that void. I think the break might only just hurt the second half of the seasons ratings more than boost TWD. TWD will have huge viewings for season 7 regardless anyways. Ride with Norman Reedus doesn't interest me at all, which I think they are aiming to have TWD related programming airing in that time slot almost non-stop but I could be wrong.