Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fear The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Apr 9, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Show is still spittin out good stuff so far this season. A shame it probably can't recover from the bad rep it got after the first couple of seasons.

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Because of this thread and that fact that I usually respect the majority opinion on this site, I will be checking it out soon.

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean, don't expect best show on TV excellence, but I def think this seeason's story has been far more interesting than TWD, the characters are a bit more interesting, and the mood and feel they're going for I think they're hitting better than TWD does at the moment.

I will say that there have been a few scenes where a character is going to do something or they're fighting over something and it's presented as "either THIS or THIS" and I'm over here saying "well wait, why are those the only two options" but I've just kind of accepted it as a need to push the plot along and all that.

4. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I mean, I enjoyed the first season quite a bit. I was thinking "awesome, TWD wants to pass the bill and these 6 episodes are solid." 2nd season comes and holy fuck did they drop the ball. Haven't watched since.

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I agree 2nd was the weakest by far. I actually can't even remember what happened in the 2nd half of season 2 right now lol. I can remember the season finale but thats it

6. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I'll tell you what happened, a huge idiot plot with idiot choices and then a family member who was suffering from bad addiction symptoms suddenly was fine and decides life would be easier if he just smelled like shit and walked around with the zombies he'd been running from for 2 seasons.

hongfong00 and David87 like this.
  7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

some deus ex machina at the end of this one but overall i enjoyed it. alicia made the toughest of calls, had a woman give her a better talk than her mom ever has, did the impossible work, had another talk that was better than any she's ever had with her own mother...and then even got to tell her actual mom to f off. hope it works out for alicia and she doesn't take the luciana walk beyond the fence. also fuck nick lying to protect troy - what's the end game there?

8. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

Good episode last night. I didn't feel anything with Ofelia's death; which reminded me that there are only maybe three characters I care about on this show. Also, is Madison a complete idiot at this point? Why would she leave Nick there with a baggie full of pain meds? She is like the anti-Rick Grimes. Everything she has done has blown up in her face.

Not sure how I feel about the FTWD/TWD crossover, but I'll hold judgement until I see how it plays out.

Two hour finale next week, which is (I think) the third time they are doing two episodes in one night. As much as I am enjoying the show, I have been zoning out at points during these combo episodes.

9. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I'm really into the direction of the show this season. As much as Troy is terrible, I hope they keep him around cause I like his dynamic with Nick

10. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Enjoying this season a lot.

11. Hoping the crossover is just FTWD being cancelled and Nick (maybe Troy too) being brought over to TWD. Unless Nick is really dead, which would suck.

12. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

It was renewed for season 4 before the season 3 premiere even aired. Maybe Nick will be presumed dead and end up in TWD though?

13. I was mostly being facetious ha. This season was probably the most interesting of the 3. I do hope they do something interesting with the crossover. I'm wondering how much of an actual "crossover" it's going to be. A full on crossover would mean they'd have to fast forward the FTWD timeline. Your idea could be cool, though.

There's speculation about it being Abraham showing up in FTWD, which is not all that exciting.

skurt likes this.
  14. skurt

If it's Abraham I really just wont care in all honesty.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I read that they will be crossing over soon and connecting the two stories, and Abraham is the only one that makes sense because he originated out west in Texas.

I forget where I saw this article/interview.

carrytheweird likes this.
  16. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Out of all the flaccid characters these shows have, Abe is one I wouldn't mind having back.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I feel like Abe become a fan favorite. His crazy one liners and overall nutty arrogant abrasive personality was a good fit. I loved the character and felt like he was never fully developed as a character, he was always just sort of the muscle. I was definitely bummed when he got the bat.

carrytheweird likes this.
  18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

His backstory episode I found to be pretty good. And his relationship with Sasha, as mean and cold as he was to Rosita, was a bit heartwarming.

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We finally finished this season....holy shit. Definitely the best season of the series so far, and up there with the best complete season between the two shows.

skurt likes this.
  20. skurt

Agreed, at this point I enjoy FTWD more than TWD.

21. So, Lennie James (Morgan from TWD) is going to be showing up on Fear. I'm pretty indifferent to this, but we'll see how it goes.

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So, a few things...

1. I'm more excited for the premiere of this show than I am for the finale of TWD

2. With that said, if you jumped off the bandwagon in S2 and never got around to S3, do it. What they did with the overall story was fantastic, a lot of world building, even if the characters make stupid decisions sometime via forced drama. Accept that as always being a part of the Walking Dead world, and it really lets you enjoy the story they did. As I said higher up on this page, S3 of this was probably a top 3 season between this show and TWD. My top 3 seasons are probably TWD Season 4, TWD Season 1, and FTD Season 3.

3. I just noticed that Daniel is also in Predator 2, where he plays "Danny Boy" haha

23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Same here^^^

I really enjoyed last season. Looking forward to whatever Garret Dillahunt brings to this

Very skeptical about Morgan. Very.

24. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

welp i just read that we dont' get to see the "old Fear" characters until the last few minutes of the premiere so they really are trying to ruin this show, god damn

25. skurt

So it's basically a Morgan solo episode?
    If so, lame.