Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fear The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I actually dread this coming back, hahaha. Last season was very boring and, as has been mentioned several times over now, I really wish they'd allowed the beginning of the outbreak to run a lot longer than a handful of episodes in season one.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm generally entertained by what is happening on this show. I like how this is taking place is a completely different local compared to TWD. Having been taken/captured by those forces at the end, it'll be interesting to see how it proceeds from there this season

3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

My early complaints of TWD started with pacing issues and the awful amount of soap opera dialogue that was just completely unbelievable. This show? The characters are bad, some of the actors are bad, the choices move the idiot plot along. First 5 episodes were great, but they never recovered yet.

4. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I'd like to see Ofelia have a Carol-like transformation this season.

5. I'm tuned into the 2-hour season premiere, begrudgingly. An entertaining enough first couple eps, but I feel like if I think about what actually happened and the scenarios that played out it wouldn't make any sense.

So, they randomly killed off Travis. Ok.

6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I didn't even realize this started...hmmmmmm

7. Sal Paradise

Trusted

killing Travis seemed odd, particularly the timing. It seemed like a move that said "see, anyone can die at any time, that's why our audience should find the show suspenseful..." although I read later that the actor signed on to like 4 avatar sequels, so maybe that's the real reason
    Although overall I liked the EPs probably more than anything last season

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Really sick of these shows indiscriminately killing off every actor of color like it's nothing. I mean, Glenn had to die because comics fans would've revolted if he hadn't but other than that death it honestly does feel like they have some kind of sick quota for non-white characters on the shows at the same time. Killing Travis was so random, and the way they did it, at the beginning of an episode unceremoniously, was just stupid.

I don't know that I really want to keep up with this one anymore.

9. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

soon as strand starting fucking with the balcony door i knew that lady was going over

i want to know where he's headed

10. Liz

Ew, David

Clearly this is an unpopular opinion, but I like this show way better than The Walking Dead

11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

also it would have been cool for Travis and Alicia to say "hey I love you, I'm sorry" or maybe even "tell your mother I love her" but instead we got 3 seconds of staring and then he was gone

12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Honestly probably more realistic though. When people die in the apocalypse it's not always in their loved ones arms. Loved the death and the way they did it but a bit concerned for the show.

13. BirdPerson Jun 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 8, 2017)
    BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I wasn't expecting a big hug or like a TWD Andrea/Amy moment, just...something. They've been a part of each other's lives for a long time. But otherwise agree about his death, man, I thought he made it, got out of that pit without a scratch and, welp. Alicia wondering about him still being alive after hitting the ground...damn.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised with the first two episodes, thought they were pretty good.

15. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

This weeks may have been the best episode in the series to me.

maldoror likes this.
  16. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I thoroughly enjoyed that.

maldoror likes this.
  17. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

One of the better episodes of either series thus far. It didn't even dawn on me until Talking Dead that the entire episode was in Spanish. It was seriously great acting from all involved and I am actively interested in the series again. I actually said to my wife after it was over that I like not know where it is going, unlike The Walking Dead (which I have read the comic series multiple times).

18. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

They should make them travel across the country and become the whisperers

19. skurt

I feel like it actually has a real plot and roots now, where the first 2 seasons where just kind of all over the place.

maldoror likes this.
  20. Decent mid-season finale. The show introduced an interesting theme with regards to colonialism and the historical racism of the U.S., but they didn't fully commit as much as I'd have liked. I'm liking Alicia's character more. I liked that conversation between Victor and the astronaut. Troy is the worst, but the actor playing him is giving a solid performance.

Show returns on September 10.

maldoror likes this.
  21. Liz

Ew, David

Loved the mid-season finale. Wish TWD would take notes from Nick when it comes to dealing with Negan

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

This show is officially more interesting than TWD right now

23. skurt

I don't like the mid season premiere needed to be 2 hours though.

24. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

It was 2 episodes.

25. skurt

I realize that i just feel not enough happened between them tow arrant it being 2, they could have condensed it into one good episode or a 75 min epi