Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fear The Walking Dead (AMC) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Apr 9, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Season 2 starts tomorrow night.

Really enjoyed the first season. Plus, I'm looking forward to the exploration of surviving a zombie apocalypse on the sea rather than by land.

I'm guessing there will be quite a bit of pirating and looting going on.

2. A Flirting Time

If anything can be said about FTWD, it's that it has a very solid cast. Excited to see Colman Domingo's role expanded and to see if they capitalize on the creepy between Alicia and Chris.

airik625 likes this.
  3. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I like Kim Dickens in this, but found season one quite hit or miss

4. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The CG in this premiere is BAD

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I got bored with the Walking Dead and stopped watching during season 4. Might check out an episode of this just to see if it does anything for me.

6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Premiere was so bad (except for the possibility of a good group of bad guys) but I will keep watching

AelNire likes this.
  7. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Yeah I found the premiere incredibly boring.

8. drstrong

I'm Back.

I really enjoyed the first season, especially how the military handled things, and how realistic that was. The mass confusion would have to be the scariest time surrounding a zombie outbreak; at least The Walking Dead cast know what's going on and their only job is to survive. This cast actually has hope of either a cure or at least a part of the country that isn't infected.

That said, I can't get past how much Nick looks and sounds like a young Franco. Also Strand's voice is irritating, sounds like he's putting on an act of sorts, just doesn't seem natural.

Was it ever said why he's so rich? I thought he was some sort of athlete in because that one guard was being bribed with rings of some sort, thought championship rings or something like that.

Either way, love Cliff Curtis ever since I saw him in Training Day (I also thought he was the terrorist in True Lies for the longest time). Besides him and the older man (forgot his name), I don't care about the characters just yet, they're all too similar and we need some outsiders to diversify the group similar to the camp setting in The Walking Dead's first season.

9. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

The first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes were good, the rest was just slow moving for me. I have hope though, next episode looks like it will be better,

10. drstrong

I'm Back.

It's bugging me that all the daughter stuff has revolved around boys.

11. skurt

Alicia has so far been a fairly boring character so far because of it.

12. drstrong

I'm Back.

Saw it coming from a mile away that the dude she's talking to on the boat is baiting her.

13. skurt

The best part of the episode by far is when Nick kills the zombie using the boat motor.

14. drstrong

I'm Back.

Of course.

Also, I'm thinking Strand is some sort of big shot drug dealer/supplier. The athlete thing is kind of ruled out since no one recognizes him, along with being an actor. He might be a legit business type person, but that seems a bit too straight forward for this show.

15. skurt

Him being a big shot drug dealer/supplier would also explain/add a lot of context to the connection him and Nick kind of had right off the bat. Where if he turned out to be a athlete or actor it would take away from that majorly.

16. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Premiere was alright. I do love the concept of them taking off on a boat. Strand is also just the best. I think this show benefits immensely from not having to live up to/adhere to any aspects of a previous medium ala TWD. It just has more of a "anything can happen" feeling with this cast, which I truly hope they take advantage of. I hope no one ends up feeling as safe and invincible as Rick or Carl or Michonne.

Except Strand. Strand deserves to outlive all these dumb dumbs. However I have a strong suspicion already that these dumb-dumbs are going to be his downfall before the end of the season :concerned:

AelNire likes this.
  17. drstrong

I'm Back.

Yup, no way Strand makes it out of this season.

AelNire likes this.
  18. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I was looking forward to this season because I always wanted to see a full "surviving a zombie apocalypse at sea" story on screen ever since we got a glimpse of it at the end of the Dawn of the Dead remake, but so far this is very underwhelming. Hopefully it gets better.

AelNire and michaelvalerijr like this.
  19. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Alicia is cute.... hopefully she's more than that.

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  20. This show just doesn't grip me like TWD. Only character I'm really invested in is Nick. I like the setting and potential for this show, so I'll keep watching.

21. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Honestly I hope they kill off this whole cast except for young johnny depp and his father

Kiana likes this.
  22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I still need to finish the last two episodes of season one. Those first few episodes just didn't get me hooked like I was hoping, but plan on getting caught up soon.

23. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Definitely did not trust the guy on the other end of the radio right off the bat. Six years of The Walking Dead has taught me that much.

24. skurt

AMC officially renewed it for a 16 episode third season to air in 2017. That was fast.

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Maybe it's from watching so much zombie stuff but the whole we need to stop and help these people wouldn't even enter my mind I were in this situation. That might make me a horrible person.

skurt likes this.