Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fear Before The March Of Flames Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 9, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Like others have said, i love all their albums for diff reasons. But Always Open Mouth is a true masterpiece, like an absolutely perfect record imo

Kingjohn_654, airik625 and Bryan Diem like this.
  2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

No, I never did. But thanks for the reminder. Putting this album on my phone now.

Kingjohn_654 and airik625 like this.
  3. strangeterrain

Regular

As others have expressed, seeing this thread bumped got me irrationally excited. Glad to see some love for the band regardless though. Fear Before was my first "scene" band I got super into. After Shoutweb.com named them band of the week (month?) when their first EP was out, I saw them with Salt the Earth and about four other people. Adam and Dave still went wild, and they even played "On the Brightside." Art Damage was a bit too much of a swerve for me when it came out, but I love TAOM and Self-Titled so much. The podcast with Casey Bates (and all the social media posts around the same time) still have my optimistic for a reunion, but there doesn't seem to be much of a rush, to say the least.

airik625 likes this.
  4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

They always put on a hell of a show. And yeah their social media posts about a reunion tour and whatnot had me thinking it would happen for sure.

As far as their self-titled goes, it’s pretty hit or miss for me. I feel we missed out on a studio recorded version of “Epic Song”. “237” had a lot of potential also, but the EP version doesn’t sound that great. However, I would still love to see a vinyl pressing of A Little Less Teeth on a 10” or something.

OotyPa likes this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The self-titled was good, but had moments that just left me scratching my head. It may be my least favorite album by them. I think it was the song Jabberwocky which I just thought was too weird to enjoy, but I haven't listened to the record in years so I'm due for a relisten.

airik625 likes this.
  6. strangeterrain

Regular

Wait, is "Review Our Lives (Epic)" not a studio version of "Epic Song"?

7. airik625

Here is that album release show poster I was talking about. Was out of 75.

5E1EF4BC-5545-4B93-8F4E-F2F467F9B164.jpeg

8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Dude... You weren't kidding. The OG press sounds noticeably heavier. I'm still on Hag but the intro cut through like never before.

Kingjohn_654 and airik625 like this.
  9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Need to try to listen to always open mouth again...tried like 5 times over the years

Kingjohn_654 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

Do it. I was telling @Larry David how much I loved it and he was calling it trash, but then he listened to it again and very much enjoyed

11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Bruuuuuu they put Lycanthropy on the wrong side on the OG press.

Saephon and Dog with a Blog like this.
  12. Dog with a Blog

Lol, wow

13. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

TAOM is so good. If you haven't listened to the Casey Bates podcast on the making of this album then it's a must listen.

flask and airik625 like this.
  14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I cant unhear the watermelon and knives in Lycanthropy

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

I need to know more about this asap.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  16. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Casey Bates Podcast is what it's called. He talks to bands about albums he produced for them. This one is like over an hour long with David and Adam about TAOM.

airik625 likes this.
  17. strangeterrain

Regular

Sorry for the non-reunion-related bump, but wanted to point out that Equal Vision repressed Art Damage. Looks like first variant already sold out, but a second one is still available. Both /250. I think the original press was all on picture disc too, so nice to have another pressing.

Art Damage Translucent Yellow/Green + DD : EVR0 : Equal Vision Records

OotyPa and popdisaster00 like this.
  18. airik625

@Serenity Now directed me to a pretty cool AI art generator based on words as a prompt. I tried this band name because I was curious to see what the results yielded and here it is. I think it's pretty cool.

Night Cafe Creation - FBTMOF.jpg

Here's that link in case any of you are interested:

https://creator.nightcafe.studio/create

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This band has the best name. Cool art but I wish your thread-bump was related to new music!

20. Can’t think of a more early 2000’s screamo band name haha

21. airik625

I’ve pretty much given up hope on any new music from this band.

22. airik625

23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I actually never knew there was a self-titled EP. Looks like it’s just some songs (demos?) from Odd How People Shake. I’d love to get an repress of that record or TAOM someday.

24. airik625

They repressed it last year and had 2 different variants. Same thing in 2017. I’d also love to see another pressing of Odd How People Shake and maybe one day their self titled.

25. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I remember seeing them open for Chiodos when I was like 16, Taking Cassandra was on many mixed cds of mine