Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fear Before The March Of Flames Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 9, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I used to really dig this band. In high school, Odd How People Shake was my jam. Really dug Fashion Tips and Lisbon Girls. I remember really liking Art Damage as well. The Always Open Mouth was pretty good from what I remember, but I am not as familiar with it. I remembering seeing them live when they were called Fear Before, but I didn't really know that material.

3. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

The always open mouth is definitely a gem. They ventured into new sound space that not too many bands could pull off.

4. airik625

OotyPa likes this.
  5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Damn that is a beautiful record.

Really the only one I've liked by them, need to revisit their discog

6. Michael Schmidt

I'm not seeing much on the website. What's going on?

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

I remember hating Mouth when it came out because their were no breakdowns or anything but revisiting it a couple years later I loved it. They really stood out from their contemporaries with that album. Still holds up too.

OotyPa likes this.
  8. airik625

The website isn't even real I don't think. Nothing loads. I was under the impression they are teasing something.
    Still one of my all-time favorite records.

9. airik625

10. airik625 Dec 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 26, 2016)
    airik625

11. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

This is one of my all time favorite records. Would love to hear more music from these guys.

12. Michael Schmidt

I may have to go back through the Always Open Mouth. I distinctly liking Odd How People Shake and Art Damage more back in the day.

13. airik625

By far one of my most played records in the last ~10 years.

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Dang, the splatter must have sold out quick, it was gone when I woke up this morning. Copped the solid colors though, but would gladly swap for a splatter given the opportunity.

15. airik625

Yeah the splatter was gone last night.

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The Always Open Mouth is the best album within its genre

airik625 likes this.
  17. Picked up a splatter so excite

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

I had a first press of this but I sold it on eBay a few years ago when I was broke and unemployed. Debating if I wanna drop $35 on this.

19. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Nabbed splatter the second they posted this. One of my top 5 albums of all time. Hoping and praying that this becomes a tour -- I miss this band so, so much.

airik625 likes this.
  20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'd wager they are up to something, if Adam/whoever is in charge of their social media acknowledged it.

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Always heard about this band but never listened to them. Is The Always Open Mouth where I should start?

22. chris

Trusted Supporter

Art Damage was my shit. Never listened to The Always Open Mouth though, will do that today

23. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

All three records are pretty good imo, and progressively get better. The Always Open Mouth is different from the first two as well as their best, so I think it'd be ok to start there and work back.

24. flask

Trusted Supporter

If they toured again I hope they add a second guitarist. They were down to one guitar on their final album and songs from Mouth were really lacking with only one guitar.

25. Dog with a Blog

When I first heard Mouth I thought, "Wow, there's only like 2 good songs on here, not solid at all." Over the years it's easily become one of my top ten albums of all time. Fucking incredible.

nl5011 likes this.