Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

FCC Votes to Begin Dismantling Net Neutrality

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Karl Bode, writing for TechDirt:

Surprising absolutely nobody, the FCC today voted 2-1 along strict party lines to begin dismantling net neutrality protections for consumers. The move comes despite the fact that the vast majority of non-bot comments filed with the FCC support keeping the rules intact. And while FCC boss Ajit Pai has breathlessly insisted he intended to listen to the concerns of all parties involved, there has been zero indication that this was a serious commitment as he begins dismantling all manner of broadband consumer protections, not just net neutrality.

As you might have expected, the FCC was quick to release a statement claiming that gutting the popular consumer protections would usher forth a magical age of connectivity, investment, and innovation.

2. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Why is everything complete fucking garbage right now?

3. Raku

Regular

Well this is disappointing...

I'm honestly hoping for the best, but now I have to fear that things will just continue to get worse =/

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Fuck this.

Raku likes this.
  5. Tim Fitzpatrick

This is a completely valid response to most anything in the news.

Jason Tate and kwilcox like this.
  6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Oh! I had not realized this!

Well in that case why didn't we do this sooner!

:-|