Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

FCC Chair Proposes Cap on Broadband, Phone Support for Low Income Families

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Aj Dellinger, writing for the International Business Times:

Ajit Pai, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), proposed implementing a budget cap on the commission’s program that helps Americans with low incomes pay for broadband and phone services.

Pai’s plan, titled “Bridging the Digital Divide for Low-Income Consumers,” would place a “self-enforcing budget cap” on the FCC’s spending on its Lifeline program. The proposal is likely to be voted on during the FCC’s meeting on Nov. 16.

The bullshit going on over at the FCC may be getting less coverage than some of the other atrocities in this country right now, but make no mistake, it’s bad.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

“Bridging the divide” what fucking bullshit

coleslawed and Raku like this.
  3. failinginplace

Regular

disgusting.

Raku likes this.
  4. failinginplace

Regular

actually what's worse is the FCC allowing Sinclair to buy Tribune. but this is still disgusting.

Raku and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. Raku

Regular

I wish there was a way to fight this, but I read comments on youtube earlier in the year that make me less hopeful.

Some idiots out there were rooting for the death of Net Neutrality... Well, I hope they're happy, with whatever the internet evolves into (unless there is a way to fight this?) =/