Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Favorite Podcasts Podcast • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 15, 2016.

1. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Tell Em Steve Dave
    Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast

also for any football junkies, my buddy does an excellent player breakdown podcast called FilMetrx. Takes a handful of players per pod and breaks down their game. Excellent stuff.

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

Bill Burr
    Planet Money

3. Trent Gill

trentgill.ca Prestigious

Many of my favourites have already been mentioned, but I wanted to come in here to share this YouTube video if anyone is thinking about checking out Hello Internet. The video offers a glimpse into what makes the podcast so unique and fun:

4. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

I enjoy podcasts and have a couple I'd love to listen to more consistently, as well as check out the recommendations from this thread. But it's seriously so hard to find time to listen to them. I don't have a long commute, I don't work out solo very often, etc. Guess I need to prioritize more.

5. tommymcphail

Death To Apathy/Get Busy or Get Left Behind

I'm relatively new to the podcasting world, and just started my own about pop culture. Would any podcasters have any advice about which hosting service to use, how to set up an RSS feed, etc?

6. thevheissu

that's not how the force works Prestigious

just started listening to Astonishing Legends. RIYL: urban legends, conspiracy theories, secret societies, and weird history.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Radiolab and the Savage Lovecast.

8. JM95

Trusted

In terms of rock music, That's Not Metal podcast is very good indeed. The membership specials are especially brilliant.

9. Stuff You Should Know was my introduction to podcasts.

Such a pleasant listen always.

Tyler likes this.
  10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

SoundCloud is simple to use but if you want to have nice looking show notes, Libsyn is worth looking at. The RSS feed is included with both options and then you can submit to iTunes. Do you have a dedicated website for your podcast? Also possible to use that as your RSS feed.

11. Tyler Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2016)
    Tyler

Regular Supporter

Bizzare States
    Dude Soup
    GameOverGreggyShow
    Internet Box
    Here Be Monsters
    Productive Outs
    Star Wars Minute
    Still Untitled: The Adam Savage Podcast
    Ten Minute Podcast
    Welcome To Night Vale

A few of my favorites that haven't seen mentioned yet.

12. tommymcphail

Death To Apathy/Get Busy or Get Left Behind

I used the free Soundcloud option, and the RSS submission wasn't accepted by iTunes. Then we tried Libsyn, and weren't able to upload our backlog without getting a $50 option or higher. I'm thinking about paying for the $15/mo Soundcloud option, but am worried about doing so and STILL not getting everything synced to iTunes correctly.

We don't have a dedicated website for our show yet, but possibly one day!

13. I may need to check this out.

14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

For one of my soundcloud feeds, I run it through feedburner and then used that to submit to iTunes. My shows were from start though without a backlog so I'm not super sure on how that would work.

15. joe727 Apr 1, 2016
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Pretty much just listen to pro wrestling podcasts.

Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana (which is pretty much WTF with Marc Maron but with wrestlers)

Cheap Heat with David Shoemaker and Peter Rosenberg (which was previously on Grantland's podcast network, now ESPN's)

The Steve Austin Show (which isn't always about wrestling, but when it is it's great. Austin's opinions and critiques are always on point )

Talk Is Jericho (same as Austin's but with more entertaining irreverent conversations with wrestlers but less critical and more shill-ey)

Sam Roberts Wrestling podcast

Straight Shoot with Aubrey Sitterson

Wrestling Observer Live

Wish I had Howl so I get more into Pro Wrestling Fringe with Colt Cabana (which is pretty much Radiolab but with backstage wrestling stories).

16. indecipherable Apr 1, 2016
    indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

Song Exploder "is a podcast where musicians take apart their songs, and piece by piece, tell the story of how they were made."

The Cracked Podcast is always really interesting. Think Radiolab with a more pop culture feel.

Fighting in the War Room is a good nerd culture tv/film podcast.

I Was There Too interviews with people who had small roles on iconic films

17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Henry and Heidi was really good. Basically Henry Rollins assistant would ask him about these stories he had and he would tell them. They had really good chemistry and it was pretty good. He did it for about 6 months and then stopped for some reason. Hope they start up again. Really interesting.

18. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

Here's my current list and some thoughts. Really appreciating the recommendations in this thread.

Music
    Hi My Name Is Mark
    Voice & Verse
    Lead Singer Syndrome
    Encore

Literature, Film, Pop Culture
    Filmspotting: I only listen to half the episodes based on what interests me, but they're very solid.
    Coode Street: fantasy/sci-fi.
    Geek's Guide to the Galaxy
    The Tolkien Road
    The Tolkien Professor

Education
    Lexicon Valley: very insightful linguistics/word-history podcast.
    TEDTalks: seem to be dropping in quality, but some are still interesting.
    Speculative Grammarian: satirical linguistics. Not sure how funny it'd be to someone without a bit of a background, but I think it's hilarious.

Various
    Unattended Consequences: Pat Rothfuss and Max Temkin, finished for now but might resume sometime, great if you're a fan of one or the other or both.
    The Message: also finished?
    Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin: only listened to a few, but they've been good.
    Serial: woefully behind.
    America WK: always a great pick-me-up.

I'm only completely current on like four of these though. I'm working to catch up, and I've got a list of podcasts to check out, so I figure once I'm current on one here, I can add a new one from the list. Slow going, but it's fun.

19. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

Morning Short is a nice one for like short walks or commutes because it's short stories read aloud.
    I also like Selected Shorts because it's longer and is a more live theater feeling.

20. chris-wrecker

Trusted

Your Moms House
    Doughboys
    My Brother My Brother and Me
    Get Up On This
    Joe Rogan
    The Nerdist
    About to start Hello From the Magic Tavern

21. I listen to:

All of the Barstool Sports shows
    WTF Marc Maron
    Stuff You Should Know (select episodes)
    Chewin It w/ Kevin and Steve (select episodes)
    Mohr Stories (select episodes)
    Joe Rogan (select episodes)

22. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

23. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like at this point it's so misleading to say Steven is part of going off track. He's on an intro maybe once every couple of months. It's Jonah Bayer.

24. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

I was just going by what's on their official site -shrugs-

25. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I know that's their selling point. It's why I ever checked it out in the first place.