Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Favorite Podcasts Podcast • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

She's very sarcastic about that though. She has discussed multiple times how it's been incredible to be a Boston sports fan the last 10 years.

But yeah she definitely pulls a lot of people in with her looks obviously, but she is whip-smart and is doing something that is damn near impossible to pull off- sports comedy- and doing it really really well.

2. Jacob Tender likes this.
  3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

4. I love it so much. The colors are great and it makes me wanna work on a dark version of these forums even more. Hah, but I have other stuff I have to do first.

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it's great. I also use Tweetbot in dark mode and enabled it on Drafts now that I'm trying to use that more. For Instapaper I think I have it on that sunset option.

Totally understandable that a dark theme isn't a huge priority right now hah. Looking forward to it if you do get to it though!

6. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Batman: The Animated Podcast

atticusfinch likes this.
  7. Me too! I only use Tweetbot in darkmode these days. And YAY! Hope it works out for you.

8. schlotty and Jason Tate like this.
  9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Oh cool I hadn't seen this when I posted about You Must Remember This in the Last Movie You Saw thread. Yesterday's episode was really great. I'll post the podcasts I listen to then.

Film
    You Must Remember This
    The Canon

Comedy
    Comedy Bang Bang
    Doughboys
    Hollywood Handbook
    Improv4Humans
    Spontaneanation

Music
    Encore

Video Games
    The Indoor Kids - Unfortunately on hiatus.

Interview/Miscellaneous
    WTF
    Nerdist - If there's a guest I'm interested in
    The Bill Simmons Podcast/Channel 33 - Whenever they talk about something I'm interested in, which is increasingly less, or whenever they have a guest I like, like Wesley Morris. As much as I like Bill Simmons, he's frustratingly out of his league in most film discussions and limits how good an episode with Morris could be. He is a good interviewer though, his Michael B. Jordan episode was good.

11. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I instantly downloaded this episode.

I really don't have much time to listen to podcasts this semester but hopefully I can pick back up once I finish.

iplaydrums likes this.
  12. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

13. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

if anyone listens to our podcast i will personally come to you and hug you probably

also i have been thoroughly enjoying the Myths and Legends podcast.

14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I need more podcasts in my life. Going through this thread will be my plan for tonight.

I think was on one once, my friend was brought on for an episode and I was picking him up to go to the bar, and saw he was still in recording with them so I yelled "BEYONCÉ" and I have no idea if they cut it out or not.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

A must listen for everyone. ESPECIALLY MALE sports fans

Nathan likes this.
  16. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I'm pretty sure I've posted about Jessica Luther on AP before, around the NFL and NCAAF threads, but she does really incredible work. She has a book coming out on sports/college campus sexual assault that will be a must read, and she's a must-follow on Twitter (@sctatx) for sports fans.

17. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Can't wait for the book after listening to the podcast

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Encore
    Off the Record
    The Briefing with Albert Mohler
    Ask Pastor John
    The Reformed Pubcast
    The Casey Bates Podcast
    The CAPC Digest with Drew Dixon
    TED Radio Hour

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

heyyyy discovered this tonight and am mid-binge at work. x-files + serial fictional podcast called limetown.

Jacob Tender, ChaseTx and Aaron Mook like this.
  20. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I'm obsessed with the McElroy Brothers, particularly Griffin, so my favourite podcast is My Brother My Brother and Me. Nothing like it for making me embarrass myself by laughing hysterically on public transportation.

I also listen to The Adventure Zone, their Dungeons & Dragons podcast, as well as Griffin's Polygon podcast, CoolGames Inc. I actually got into their podcast (and podcasts in general) with Sawbones, the medical history/comedy podcast, but I'm super behind on it.

I like to listen to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History before going to sleep. I'm almost done his series on World War I, which is my favourite thing I've heard from him so far.

Then there's the obvious stuff - Encore, Serial, and the occasional Nerdist or WTF when my interest in the guest outweighs my general distaste or indifference to the hosts.

And I guess I'll plug the podcast I do - We Want The D. Me and two of my friends watch the Disney films of our collective childhoods through the eyes of cynical adults. Sometimes we go in-depth analyzing script, story, etc to determine why a film does or doesn't work, sometimes we fetishize cartoon foxes or Kevin Spacey. It's a good time.

Emotherapy likes this.
  21. This sounds amazing.

22. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Limetown is great. Can't wait for season two

23. I've been waiting to update my blog's podcast post before posting here, but I will say that Limetown is extraordinarily compelling. The first 3-4 episodes will completely blow you away.

24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Here's some of my favourites:
    Kill Tony
    The Joe Rogan Experience
    The Church of What's Happening Now
    Bertcast podcast
    Your Mom's House with Christina Pazsitsky and Tom Segura
    Patcast
    Getting Doug With High
    Voice and Verse
    Full Frontal
    Verbal Violence
    WTF

Sooo...mostly comedy :-)

lightning13 likes this.
  25. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Productive Outs is hands down the greatest podcast there is. Hoping they start back up soon.

Tyler likes this.