Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Favorite Podcasts Podcast • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Iain

Regular

Is this still any good? First few seasons of it were hilarious. However, I got bored with it as i felt the novelty of it wore off.

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  2. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

It's still enjoyable for me but I agree the novelty does wear off somewhat. It still has ridiculous moments that make me laugh but it's not as strong as the first couple seasons. One of the only comedy podcasts I listen to so I thought I'd throw it out there.

OwainGlyndwr and himynameisiain like this.
  3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Most Valuable Podcast with Charlotte Wilder and Jess Smetana is one of my favorites. Generally sports/pop culture stuff that doesn’t take itself too seriously and is hilarious.

4. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

What are we listening to?

My go-to podcasts are WHM, The Rewatchables, Geeks, & Armchair Expert

5. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

A few I've been enjoying lately: Ear Hustle, The Dollop, The Clearing, Spectacular Failures, Bear Brook, The Dropout

6. Recently started The Memory Palace by Nate DiMeo.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Jess Abbott (formerly of the band Now Now) started an Astrology pod a few weeks ago with Chris Farren called Astro Blast. The premise is basically she tries to explain what Astrology is all about and its merits while he belittles it. It's very funny.

8. I don't see a long shelf-life for this one.

9. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

10. Idk, there aren't a lot of podcasts where one person explains a thing and the other person shits on it that last for a while. Even if it's a fun conceit at the start, that starts to lose its appeal and wear on the hosts—both the one whose thing is being shit on and the one who is constantly shitting. I think listeners will wear on that too.

11. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Oh ok. I mean that's just a brief synopsis I made up. He's not overly confrontational or anything just semi playing dumb to be funny. They have occasional guests on and give listeners advice too so it has room to expand and change. I'm enjoying it for the time being anyway haha.

12. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

To compare three years ago, my current rotation is:

Effectively Wild
    Dear Hank & John
    Cortex
    Hello Internet
    Delete This
    The Anthropocene Reviewed
    Tiny Meat Gang
    Planet Money
    Men In Blazers

13. In the past three years, I stopped listening to all of Grey's podcasts. I'm curious as to why you dropped This American Life though.

14. Brb while I check out a podcast apparently called “Tiny Meat Gang” based on its name and it’s name alone

coleslawed and Zoshchenko like this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Doughboys

16. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Really came down to having less time to prioritize podcasts and I liked it less than other podcasts. It’s a great show most of the time but was no longer what I wanted to be listening to

17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Part of me wants to go check this out but we both know I already listen to too many podcasts...

18. I only listen to a few these days because they’re daily and always have new content:
    NPR news hour (hourly 5 minute news loop)
    The daily
    California report
    Up first
    The Ralph report

weekly:
    Blink-155
    MacCast
    9to5Mac happy hour
    Armchair expert

semi-weekly:
    Remain seated please
    Pods and monsters

ok I guess I listen to a lot

19. I like David Tennant's podcast

Minor Adventures with Topher Grace

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

they’re short and very easy listening. a nice palette cleanser after longer podcasts.

Deanna likes this.
  21. MattNCheeze

Trusted

If you like spicy things I launched a hot sauce podcast today. Super short episodes but with riveting sauce commentary.

http://fanlink.to/spitg

trevorshmevor likes this.
  22. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Has anyone listened to Cold? I'm trying to finish but my god this needs so much editing. It should not be 18 hour long episodes.

23. MattNCheeze likes this.
  24. MattNCheeze

Trusted

25. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

My current list:

2 Bears 1 Cave
    You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes
    The Local News
    Monday Morning Podcast
    Beautiful Stories From Anonymous People
    Middle of Somewhere
    Blink-155
    The Joe Rogan Experience
    The Todd Glass Show
    How Did This Get Made?
    Your Mom’s House
    Bertcast’s
    Dr. Drew After Dark
    Suicide Buddies
    Stand By Your Band
    The Jeselnik & Rosenthal Vanity Project
    Bizarre Albums
    The Bill Bert Podcast
    Here We Are
    Prinze and the Wolf
    Guys We Fucked
    Skytalkers
    Jeremiah Wonders
    In Bed With Nick & Megan
    Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend

There’s more, but you get the idea. Also I listen to a lot of comedy podcast. I recommend The Local News to everyone. Stories from around the world that won’t make you sad.