Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Favorite Moments in a Song • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Danny, May 4, 2017.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

First thing that jumps out to me is when the opera singer comes in on "Eskimo" by Damien Rice

2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

the opening notes of Cowboy Dan set a perfect mood for me every fucking time. same with Dramamine. both by modest mouse

Mary V likes this.
  3. Dramamine was the first Modest Mouse song I ever heard, and the first I show people when they ask me where to start. Fair to say that hearing that song on a lonely, gloomy day blew my mind

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  4. drifting

Dramamine is so great. I also really like the build up and release in the middle of Radiohead's "Reckoner", after "Because we separate / Like ripples on a blank shore" repeats twice :heart:

Mary V likes this.
  5. CAC3

Dog

In 'Limousine' by Brand New when the perspective shifts to the drunk driver...... "A beauty supreme, yeah you were right about me. Can I get my self out from underneath this guilt that will crush me".

In 'Red Hands' by The Dear Hunter when the song builds and builds then finally reaches the "Oh my god what have I done? Now my darling put your clothes back on" part over and over with Casey singing "because you can't be caught red handed...."

In 'Cigarettes & Saints' by the Wonder Years when they are describing the pharmaceutical industry and Soupy changes to a yell "No we can't shake free! This goddamn machine, hungry and heartless, my whole generation got lost in the margin".

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The opening harmonies to this song

7. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

The bridge into the final chorus in “Sweetness” from JEW

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The way Chad Price's voice cracks every time he sings "someHOW find a way."

9. drummerAVA

Trusted

0:42... the build-up and into the drop, and the whole section that follows... One of the raddest drops I've ever heard. It's massive.

JRGComedy likes this.
  10. DesolateEarth

Birb

The end of "Stay On The Ground" by Armor For Sleep. That vocal harmony is so haunting.

JM95 and js977 like this.
  11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

the opening drum fills mixed with Robert Smiths absolutely haunting, painful vocals

the verse that begins with "and now that I know that I'm breaking to pieces"

the way Smiths vocals layer over each other when he sings "Friday, I'm In Love"

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

5;34

waking season likes this.