Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Favorite Live Performances From Your Favorite Artists • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, Nov 6, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

continued:

and of course

SpyKi and Ken like this.
  3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

There's only two that come to mind for me.

[​IMG]
    The first is Pearl Jam - Live at Benaroya Hall. Straight up the greatest modern live performance I've ever heard. It was a mostly unplugged set that Eddie and the guys just completely killed. There's some amazing covers too, specifically "Masters of War" and the Ramones' "I believe in Miracles." They played a lot of songs that they rarely play. Anyone who is a Pearl Jam fan needs to hear this whole performance.

[​IMG]
    The other is by The Dave Brubeck Quartet. Their live performance at Carnegie Hall is unparalleled in the world of jazz. If you want to understand why Dave Brubeck was considered the "ambassador of cool," look no further. A flawless performance by some of the greatest musicians ever.

noeljames likes this.
  4. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

I could probably just post every epoch live video, but ill leave it at these two.

Threads and cwhit like this.
  5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Also I can't find a link for it right now but Kanye's Runaway performance at the VMAs

noeljames and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  6. George

Trusted Prestigious

No video of this (I don't think???), but this is probably my favourite live performance. Somehow even better than the studio version, which should be impossible.

As far as a little snippet goes, I like this 10 second clip of Bjork, because she sounds like a dolphin.

Ken likes this.
  7. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Y'all quit clowning Nickelback they're a great band

Ken likes this.
  8. duritzfan13

all we have is time

That middle section though..

One of the most compelling, passionate live performances I have ever seen.

9. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I just came to post a version of this song!

This video of Round Here is what sold me on this band and is the first time I remember feeling so genuinely moved by any piece of music. I used to just watch it on repeat in awe - I had never seen anything like it.

duritzfan13 likes this.
  10. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Dave Brubeck/Take Five is the best

Ken likes this.
  11. jorbjorb

7 rings

12. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Ahh yeah this is such a good one. I feel bad for the people who just "don't get them" as a live act..

13. Davjs

Trusted

Here are some songs that it's hard to listen to the studio tracks with these versions implanted in my head:

The guitars are so loud and powerful. Dustin doesn't scream as much in this version, but it's still more impactful. The bridge with all three of them singing is incredible and I always miss it in the studio track.

Buddy screaming the chorus while Heath singing over him is amazing. So hard to listen to any other version.

I just think it's has more energy, his voice is better and the lead guitar at the end stands out more.

Davey's added screams make this so incredible. That is all.

noeljames likes this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

Also the Nickelback talk here is probably the best thing to happen on this site so far. My hats off to you, and this is even from someone who saw them live and was impressed.

duritzfan13 likes this.
  15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

noeljames likes this.
  16. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Dashboard's greatest era. Chris' voice and the band never sounded better.

noeljames and TedSchmosby like this.
  17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I was at this show and this song was probably the most fun I ever had at a show. Never thought I'd get to see this song live.

So much love for this version of the song.

One of Fightstar's first shows, back when Charlie was still in Busted.

This shit always blows me away.

Probably my favourite John Mayer song at this point just from this performance.

sawhney[rusted]2 and duritzfan13 like this.
  18. duritzfan13

all we have is time

That John Mayer Where The Light Is DVD is flawless. Love the Hendrix cover from the Trio portion of the set, and the acoustic set is on another level.

SpyKi likes this.
  19. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

@SpyKi so jealous you got to see them during the DD era! I missed that one being a poor college student lol

20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Really the whole video, but...head over to 6:25 and wait a few seconds. 100,000+ screaming and jumping up and down.

One of the best live bands in the world.

21. SpyKi

I saw them like 10 times that era, including their first two shows back just before the album came out. It was amazing.

Kiana likes this.
  22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

That John Mayer performance blew me away the first time I heard it, and made me shift my views on the dude's music.

SpyKi likes this.
  23. SpyKi

I was already a big fan and it still blew me away.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  24. 180xSummer

lately it's been getting late, but i'm not tired

This is from the Brand New shows at Ommegang last August and it makes me so happy

25. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

No band in the world I'd like to see get back together more than Have Heart. I'd go anywhere to see them.