Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Favorite Live Performances From Your Favorite Artists

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Kiana Nov 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 6, 2016)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

What are ur fave live performances from your faves? aka the browser killing thread. Post links and/or discuss why! I wanna see your fave favorite-ing it up! Sorry if this is already a thread. Turns out when you search for "Live performances" in a music-centric site, a lot of results come up! Discuss y'all.

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This video of my fav band playing my fav album is probably my fav video on the internet

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

beachdude42 and bd007h like this.
  4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Hard for me to choose for Brit! I was gonna go with the iconic snake performance but then I decided to go with the VMA Satisfaction one cause I'm a sucker for when popstars rip off their outfits to reveal another underneath. But the choreo to this one is my fave so it won. You know what all videos have in common tho?? She had sensible footwear! Popstars need to go back to that. Hate when they dance in heels. It's dangerous!

Fave Xtina one but it makes me tear up. TW for lyrics about abuse

Every performance of Como la Flor. I die when she starts it out slow and then kicks it up :verysad:

Also like every Whitney Houston performance in the 80s/90s

6. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

My favorite band covering the song originally done by The Cars

thewmaynes likes this.
  7. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

9. CoffeeEyes17

DUH this was the one that was slipping my mind. all 4 performances are incredible, SSTB is my favorite.

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

is this the thread where i post a ton of emperor x videos?

11. CoffeeEyes17

no we only accept good bands here Kiana said so

12. duritzfan13

all we have is time

oh so THIS is the nickelback thread!!

CoffeeEyes17 and beachdude42 like this.
  13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

p sick live performance if I do say so myself

amorningofsleep likes this.
  14. CoffeeEyes17

Davjs and beachdude42 like this.
  15. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Solid. But nothing in comparison to one of the greatest live rock n' roll moments of all time... still remains my favorite live performance to date.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. beachdude

If I'm being honest I don't spend that much time watching live performance videos anymore I guess, I'm blanking hard on what I would post here. I used to have bad social anxiety about going to shows alone so I just ended up not going to many shows at all for a long time... but now that I've been more active in going to shows recently some of my favorite live bands I've seen are Circa Survive, Dance Gavin Dance, Underoath, Coheed (missed most of their set at Chain Fest due to a personal emergency with one of my friends I went with, but loved what I got to see), Blink-182, Hail the Sun... uh yeah I sadly still don't go to that many shows now that I think about it. Will try to find some live videos I love though because I love this thread concept.

17. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

only live vid that matters

amorningofsleep and Aregala like this.
  18. beachdude

Whenever I'm trying to pick my favorite Nickelback album, I initially think of the moving balladry of "If Everyone Cared" and lean towards All the Right Reasons... but then I remember the poignant lyricism and hard-hitting message of "Something in Your Mouth" and go with Dark Horse.

Davjs and duritzfan13 like this.
  19. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Was trying to find The 1975 playing "Robbers" at Radio 1 Big Weekend in 2013 from before the first album came out, but it looks like the video was taken down. That performance was always so captivating to me.. still one of the best live things I've heard from them. Was somewhat disappointed when the studio version finally came out, took me a little while to adjust to it haha

20. duritzfan13

all we have is time

But the prize must go to All the Right Reasons because although you bring up a valid point, "Animals" has a far superior delivery of the poignant/sincere message that "Something in Your Mouth" also withholds.

The second verse of "Animals" contains some of the deepest literature to ever leave Kroeger's mouth.

Davjs, CoffeeEyes17 and beachdude42 like this.
  21. beachdude

[​IMG]

Deep stuff fam

duritzfan13 likes this.
  22. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Awesome idea for a thread.

23. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

My favorite thing about hardcore, thanks to places like hatefixsix.com and youtube, is that it's so well documented. Incendiary and The Rival Mob are awesome most of the time. I'll find some good ones soon

24. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Hardcore music makes me want to move, to me that's the point of it all, and its very satisfying to watch people move to it

25. duritzfan13

all we have is time

In that verse he says "not to speak with a full mouth," and then a couple years later releases "Something In Your Mouth." Recurring theme-- must have some sort of deeper meaning?? I think so.

beachdude42 likes this.