Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Father John Misty Releases “Generic Pop Songs”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Father John Misty has released three “generic pop songs” on SoundCloud. You can stream those below (I think they’re better than most of the stuff on his new album).

2. Ehhh. This is pretty trashy in my opinion. I could throw together recordings like this in a day -- which is probably why he's up to 16+. Some of the melodies and lyrics seemed fine enough, but I don't think he's a strong enough vocalist to pull of a pop style. His voice is better fitting for his official music.

AND I ADD IN A RESOUNDING

"imo"

3. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

His new album and the Menzingers album were my two most anticipated for the year. Hoping I like Pure Comedy more than you do.
    I Love You, Honeybear is a top five album of the decade so far.

4. robargarthan

@Jason Tate This is a bit random but it seems weird that when you go to the replies for these news posts, the embedded content is never there. There's no Soundcloud stream and no link to find it included in the new post, so I have to backtrack and click the actual article title instead. It seems unnecessary to have to click on the actual article to view the embedded content then click again to go to the replies when it could just be included in both, but I'm also not a web a developer so I don't know if there are some other issues that currently prevent that. Love the website and what you're doing, but I've run into this a few times lately so I just wanted to throw that out there.

5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I think the assumption is that you're getting to these threads via the news article where the embedded content is.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Just realized to can click the super tiny chat bubble and it brings you to the forum.

Man that only took me over a year to figure out. Ha.