Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Father John Misty - Pure Comedy (April 7, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Jan 23, 2017.

1. I'll pick up the deluxe at my local spot

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

carrytheweight likes this.
  3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

oh shit i somehow missed that thanks

4. zmtr

Trusted

woah there's TWO 15+ minute songs?

5. The deluxe honeybear package is one of my favorite vinyl records in my collection so I'll definitely drop the 40 bucks for this

zmtr likes this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

that record is beautiful, even with the jacket issues they had for the early pressing
    couldn't justify paying that much but it's really nice.

7. I rarely open up the jacket cuz I'm weird and I'm trying to preserve the music box haha

The actual records are beautiful looking

8. Wall Of Arms Jan 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 24, 2017)
    Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

It's a belter of an album. I love the art and packaging/that oxford shirt/the scarf on the store too haha.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. zmtr

Trusted

oh shiiiiiiiiiit the 25 minute video

ChiliTacos likes this.
  10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

iTunes says the last track is only 6:27. Song before it is ten minutes though and Leaving LA is 13.

11. i liked the last one alright, new song is good.

12. Damn, those different jackets are so cool. And the album is 73 minutes long. Really want to work up the cash for that deluxe edition. Chances it'll last until next Friday?

13. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Excited for everything about this. First song is awesome, great merch designs, wonderful album art. Hope he knocks it out of the park.

14. Interesting that "Pure Comedy" is the opener.

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Ughhh I want the deluxe so bad but I'm still recovering from X-mas spending. Hope it's not too limited and I can grab it closer to the release date.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Yeah the initial track listing on his store was mixed up

17. zmtr

Trusted

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Last May I was at a show of his and the power went out during the first song so he played a really long new song acoustically. Based on the clip in that movie, I think it was Leaving LA.

19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

How can you judge FJM for his "persona" and then not be that critical or pay attention to every band member of every band you like? It's only because SO many people like him and payed attention to him, and you're acknowledging that attention more than anything. He's a great songwriter, i'm looking forward to this new album.

20. zmtr likes this.
  21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Anyone/everyone I hope has heard everything after the 5 minute mark. Really excited now.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  22. zmtr

Trusted

"Sky-Man pretty much runs the show for a really, really long time, and his inner-circle of better-thans gets increasingly smaller and smaller, even though by the end of his reign everyone in the species considers themselves one. Unfortunately there are some better-thans who get together and decide that one way of better-than-ness is better than other betters-thans’ better-than-ness and teach their little half-formed-brain babies as much (most who interpret this distinction as “me’s” vs. “not-me’s”). "

hahahahaha incredible

23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i'm listening to fear fun for the first time right now

carrytheweight, Aaron Mook and zmtr like this.
  24. zmtr

Trusted

dude.. so jealous of you right now.

I didn't truly appreciate it until ILYHB came out but now I think I actually listen to Fear/Fun more.

Only Son of the Ladiesman might be my all time favorite FJM song.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'd say I do pay attention/am critical of the public personas presented by the artists I listen to