Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fate of the Fast and the Furious (F. Gary Gray, April 14, 2017) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 7, 2016.

1. I just remembered something. There was a scene where they use the God's Eye to try and track Dom, and that scene seemed to be actively trying to ape the Bourne series with the music and tone lol.

carrytheweight likes this.
  3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Only because this came out in China with the US. TFA opened in China a month later. So.....

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. imthesheriff, tucah and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Honestly after 8, more of The Rock and Statham is all I want. Make them work for Kurt Russell again, bring back Hellen Mirren and maybe Luke Evans and there you go.

Joe likes this.
  6. I wanna see more of the Mirren+Statham+Evans family dynamic. I feel like you could get a lot of funny material out of that.

secretsociety92 and tucah like this.
  7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I liked them as much as everyone else but idgaf about this series if it doesn't involve the true family

8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing this tonight in "4dx", which I didn't know was a thing but now I'm stupidly excited. Feels like I'm going to Disney world.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I assume that's like D-Box? I always thought that'd be fun for this franchise

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I googled it earlier today when looking at showtimes and saw it described as " a new super-premium format called 4DX, which combines motion-enabled chairs as well as fog, rain, lightning, scent, wind and other elements to fully immerse the audience in the film."

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Haha, well if there's a franchise worth the whiplash and pneumonia, it's this

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  13. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Who is that? Lol nvm

I don't get it

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This was the most I've liked one of these since 5, which I loved, and I don't like any of them before that one. So I guess that makes this my second favorite?

The action was awesome and felt genuinely original at times (especially the zombie car thing in New York), and I still enjoy the characters for the most part (though the humor pretty consistently fell flat for me but people in the theater were laughing). The Rock is by the best part of this series, I love how he's basically the Hulk. Statham is gonna make a great addition too. Will continue seeing these and fully looking forward to the inevitable space one

The baby definitely should have been named Paul though, not Brian

I Am Mick likes this.
  15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

You didn't like the first/original?

16. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Watched this yesterday and even though it is an entirely unnecessary sequel (since the last one ended perfectly for me) it was still a thoroughly fun film to watch despite also not being my favorite of the second half of this series.

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I haven't seen it in years but I remember thinking it was okay but wouldn't go beyond that

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This was pretty much what I expected, dumb, loud, but fun as hell. The zombie car sequence was awesome. Though, as much as I love Statham, it kind of undercuts the whole extended family vibe of the series when they just welcome Decker in with open arms after he killed Han.

19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Should I start a thread dedicated solely to the original film?

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

What’s up with the Tyrese and The Rock beef?

23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Tyrese has quit Family and the Furious unless The Rock gets removed from Family and the Furious, I think is the current standing.

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

BC The Rock agreed to do the spin-off or something?

25. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Yes, which caused the next Justin Lin/Fast movie to be delayed until 2019, and thus has made it hard for Tyrese to provide for his family I guess.