Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fate of the Fast and the Furious (F. Gary Gray, April 14, 2017) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 7, 2016.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Don't worry, of all the ridiculous things in F8, that is one of the things that actually ends up making complete sense.

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Well I will hold off on judgement till I see it. But I don't like that on the surface. Then again, idk why I'm acting like the plot is the reason why I'm gonna see it.

3. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

All of these movies vary from one spectrum to the other -- but this just didn't work for me. Could be my least favorite one. I'd have watch 2F2F again.

Jusscali likes this.
  4. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

$532.5 million worldwide debut, breaking the previous record of $529 million held by Star Wars: The Force Awakens. That is an incredible opening, can't wait to see this.

5. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I'm going on record saying this is my second favorite film of the franchise, behind Fast Five

8) 2 Fast 2 Furious
    7) Tokyo Drift
    6) Fast & Furious
    5) Furious 7
    4) Fast & Furious 6
    3) The Fast & the Furious
    2) The Fate of the Furious
    1) Fast Five

joe.boy.fresh. and imthesheriff like this.
  6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

It's definitely in the bottom third for me.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I think it's something like 5>6>7>3>8>1>2>4 for me

8. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

There are just as many Fast movies as there are Star Wars movies currently. That is absolute insanity.

GEM37 likes this.
  9. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

...and it's still breaking all-time records lol

10. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I definitely never thought, back in June 2001 when the first movie released before 9/11 had even happened yet (let that sink in), that this would still be around almost twenty years later.

Jusscali likes this.
  11. Jusscali

That's what makes it fucking awesome!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Kind of let down honestly. Too much cyber crime/hacking shit, not enough driving cars through three skyscrapers while two women beat the shit out of each other. and Scott Eastwood's character sucks, I really hope they aren't expecting him to take Paul Walkers place

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Also Dom naming his son Brian holds no weight in the movie world considering the character is still alive. You name your son after your best friend but won't even invite him to dinner, cold

Joe, stayillogical, tucah and 3 others like this.
  14. Jusscali

Absolutely

Your Milkshake likes this.
  15. It beat Star Wars? Wow...

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Didn't even think of that but it's so true. The longer this franchise goes on the less sense it makes that Brian is alive but not in contact with them at all.

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't come to this series for the plot or for it to "make sense" but when there's big emotional moments that are total missteps, it's hard to ignore.

imthesheriff likes this.
  18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yup. That's why I said earlier in this thread that I wish they didn't even through in the one line of dialogue that mentions Brian.

I Am Mick likes this.
  19. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I changed my mind after watching the movie. Pretty much the best way he could redeem himself.

20. Jusscali

Sell out

21. I haven't seen 2 through 8. Is that bad?

22. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Yes

23. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

That scene was too good! Best part of the movie.

24. This was fine. The action scenes were mostly fun, but the dialogue seemed particularly stale this time around. I know it's never been great, but for some reason it didn't bother me as much before this one. Still, this movie had its moments. Everything with Jason Statham was the best.

I Am Mick likes this.
  25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I can't wait for the How Did This Get Made episode for this. Adam Scott better be back